The Student Room Group

Can i get into cambridge???

im an american student and it has been my lifelong dream to study at Cambridge university, UK. i study english literature, art and archaeology at my high school. i really want to study medicine, do you think i can get in? i'm averaging a c at the moment. thanks luv xx
Original post by erancl
im an american student and it has been my lifelong dream to study at Cambridge university, UK. i study english literature, art and archaeology at my high school. i really want to study medicine, do you think i can get in? i'm averaging a c at the moment. thanks luv xx

With C grades, definitely not. You need generally A*A*A to get an offer. Also those subjects are not for medicine. In the UK they have specific subjects you must take otherwise you don’t qualify for the course and will be flat out rejected. Usually you have to do chemistry, often biology, and they like maths too but that one can be different like psychology or even geography. You also need to do the UCAT and score highly for Cambridge. Idk if they need the BMAT but it’s generally a good thing to take also. No medical school in the UK will take you with Cs, the wrong a levels, and no UCAT and BMAT.
(edited 2 years ago)
I'm not an expert on overseas applications but applicants to Cambridge are usually achieving top grades, which a C is not. For admission to medicine, you'd also need to be studying relevant courses, which you aren't.
(edited 2 years ago)
Here is Cambridge's page on US admissions, which should give you some idea of the requirements.
Reply 4
I see, thanks for your help guys.

Quick Reply

Latest