peepoo123
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I'm doing business btec, psychology and economics.

My teacher told me that business btec takes 2 a-levels, so I'm doing btec for 14 periods a week and psychology is fun, so I'm doing 4 a-levels.

I want to drop economics because, frankly, it's not for me. It's hard for me to listen to class because it bores me. Do you think this is the right move, or should I just try to push through?
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What do you want to do after leaving school?
Be aware that a 'double BTEC' with just 1 A level will limit your Uni options.
peepoo123
Rep:
?
(Original post by McGinger)
What do you want to do after leaving school?
Be aware that a 'double BTEC' with just 1 A level will limit your Uni options.
I want to do psychology, but business btec so far is really fun, so I'm thinking of business management as well. I'm still thinking.
And dang, rip.
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Be aware that Psychology at degree level is a science - whilst many Unis will accept you with just Psych A level and not a 'hard science' A level, the course is science-heavy - will you struggle with that?

Many social science courses do not have any specific A level/BTEC subject requirements - Sociology, Politics, Anthropology, Law etc, so its worth looking at these degree subjects if you want to avoid the 'science' aspect. Or look at Mental Health Nursing, Counselling etc.
peepoo123
Rep:
?
(Original post by McGinger)
Be aware that Psychology at degree level is a science - whilst many Unis will accept you with just Psych A level and not a 'hard science' A level, the course is science-heavy - will you struggle with that?

Many social science courses do not have any specific A level/BTEC subject requirements - Sociology, Politics, Anthropology, Law etc, so its worth looking at these degree subjects if you want to avoid the 'science' aspect. Or look at Mental Health Nursing, Counselling etc.
I don't think I'd struggle with it, but I'll think more deeply of so.

And thanks! I was thinking of doing politics or sociology as well. I'll look at them too as well, thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (236)
57.28%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (53)
12.86%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (46)
11.17%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (36)
8.74%
I haven't started researching yet (23)
5.58%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
4.37%

Watched Threads