The Student Room Group

Should I drop economics?

I'm doing business btec, psychology and economics.

My teacher told me that business btec takes 2 a-levels, so I'm doing btec for 14 periods a week and psychology is fun, so I'm doing 4 a-levels.

I want to drop economics because, frankly, it's not for me. It's hard for me to listen to class because it bores me. Do you think this is the right move, or should I just try to push through?
What do you want to do after leaving school?
Be aware that a 'double BTEC' with just 1 A level will limit your Uni options.
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
What do you want to do after leaving school?
Be aware that a 'double BTEC' with just 1 A level will limit your Uni options.

I want to do psychology, but business btec so far is really fun, so I'm thinking of business management as well. I'm still thinking.
And dang, rip.
Be aware that Psychology at degree level is a science - whilst many Unis will accept you with just Psych A level and not a 'hard science' A level, the course is science-heavy - will you struggle with that?

Many social science courses do not have any specific A level/BTEC subject requirements - Sociology, Politics, Anthropology, Law etc, so its worth looking at these degree subjects if you want to avoid the 'science' aspect. Or look at Mental Health Nursing, Counselling etc.
Reply 4
Original post by McGinger
Be aware that Psychology at degree level is a science - whilst many Unis will accept you with just Psych A level and not a 'hard science' A level, the course is science-heavy - will you struggle with that?

Many social science courses do not have any specific A level/BTEC subject requirements - Sociology, Politics, Anthropology, Law etc, so its worth looking at these degree subjects if you want to avoid the 'science' aspect. Or look at Mental Health Nursing, Counselling etc.

I don't think I'd struggle with it, but I'll think more deeply of so.

And thanks! I was thinking of doing politics or sociology as well. I'll look at them too as well, thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest