cherlloydfan1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hey guys so I've got a job interview with Grayce for the tech development program coming up. So has anyone else had an interview with them or done this program before and can tell me what it's like??
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Focus on these areas
Skills
Qualities
Experience level
Gaps in work history
Qualifications
References etc
Company values and history
Appearance and attitude that is portrayed by you at the interview

Smile. Make notes. Be calm and confident. Prepare well for it too. Research. Bring a pen and notepad. Take some time to think about how to answer the questions. Have two colour photocopies of your resume in question to hand in case you need to refer to it during the actual career interview. Write down answers to their questions.
Hmm...?
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by cherlloydfan1)
Hey guys so I've got a job interview with Grayce for the tech development program coming up. So has anyone else had an interview with them or done this program before and can tell me what it's like??
Hey,

Just did my final interviews with them for another role.
They love people who sound motivated and have the motivation to learn. They are essentially looking for people who are genuinely interested in their grad program.

Do some commercial awareness research such as naming a company who has used tech well or upcoming issues in the tech world etc.

Most importantly research into the company and its values. This shows them you are interested in their company. Note down parts of the development program you are interested in experiences.

And expect just basic competency based questions.

Good luck
LottieLot
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Hmm...?)
Hey,

Just did my final interviews with them for another role.
They love people who sound motivated and have the motivation to learn. They are essentially looking for people who are genuinely interested in their grad program.

Do some commercial awareness research such as naming a company who has used tech well or upcoming issues in the tech world etc.

Most importantly research into the company and its values. This shows them you are interested in their company. Note down parts of the development program you are interested in experiences.

And expect just basic competency based questions.

Good luck
Hi,

One thing to remember when structuring your answers to interview questions is the STAR method. Situation, task, action and result.

Situation: You explain the project, task or challenge (make sure to mention the role and employer so the interviewer gets more context).
Task: This is where you outline your responsibilities (for example, you were responsible for working with a
Action: This is where you explain what action you took to rectify an issue (such as a technical or human error or a conflict)
Result: The outcome of your project or task (Did you exceed the deadlines? Did you increase sales? Were you awarded for your accomplishments?)

This method is used on behavioural interview questions. These questions usually begin with "Tell me about a time where you. ..." or "Can you describe a time where you ...", Describe a time where you .." or "Give me an example of a ...". This site includes many examples: https://zety.com/blog/star-method-interview.

Follow Gradvance (he's a fantastic careers coach who does CV, cover letter and LinkedIn reviews as well as mock interviews). He did a video that explains the STAR method in more detail: https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=661916521387954.

I hope that helps and most importantly good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (17)
56.67%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (3)
10%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (4)
13.33%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (1)
3.33%
I haven't started researching yet (2)
6.67%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
10%

Watched Threads