The Student Room Group

How to find a sponsered full-time job after graduation?

Hi there, I'm an international student and I want to develop a career in PR and marketing in a B-side company or entertainment and film industry. It's difficult for foreigners to find a sponsered job nowadays but I'd like to give it a try. What should I do?
Are you in the UK? You don't need a sponsored visa any more, at least for the first 2 years of employment, as you'll be on the Graduate Route visa. After that yes, you'll need sponsorship but perhaps you'll be able to prove to an employer that they need you by that time. What you do need to do is network HARD especially in that line of work, and seek out smaller companies who might be willing to give you a chance. Alumni are a good place to start. Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by CareerSage
Are you in the UK? You don't need a sponsored visa any more, at least for the first 2 years of employment, as you'll be on the Graduate Route visa. After that yes, you'll need sponsorship but perhaps you'll be able to prove to an employer that they need you by that time. What you do need to do is network HARD especially in that line of work, and seek out smaller companies who might be willing to give you a chance. Alumni are a good place to start. Good luck!

Thank you for the advice! Socializing is really helpful. The Graduate Route visa is always a plan-B. I would try to find a job to sponsored my visa right after my Student visa expires. Thanks again!

Quick Reply

Latest