The Student Room Group

Tips on how to stop procrastinating and effective ways to study?

I have zero motivation to do anything at all but to play games and sleep around. I barely managed to swipe through GCSE's, and I promised myself I'd not do this again during my A-Levels, but I'm starting to slip back again.

Any ways to get over this? Also, effective ways to study as well?
Original post by peepoo123
I have zero motivation to do anything at all but to play games and sleep around. I barely managed to swipe through GCSE's, and I promised myself I'd not do this again during my A-Levels, but I'm starting to slip back again.

Any ways to get over this? Also, effective ways to study as well?

I am literally in the same situation. I got really good GCSEs in 2020, and determined to apply for Medicine. But then everything came online learning and I started slacking right from the beginning of year 12. I am now in Yr 13 and honestly speaking I felt like I didnt know how to revise. I got my end of year 12 exam results and my grades were nowhere near the grades i was supposed to get for medicine. Sorry for ranting on but right now im in the same situation as you.

Anyways what A-levels do you take. Maybe I can give some advice if u take the same courses as me.....?
Reply 2
Original post by divinedoughnuts!
I am literally in the same situation. I got really good GCSEs in 2020, and determined to apply for Medicine. But then everything came online learning and I started slacking right from the beginning of year 12. I am now in Yr 13 and honestly speaking I felt like I didnt know how to revise. I got my end of year 12 exam results and my grades were nowhere near the grades i was supposed to get for medicine. Sorry for ranting on but right now im in the same situation as you.

Anyways what A-levels do you take. Maybe I can give some advice if u take the same courses as me.....?

YO, EXACTLY! Everything went downhill for me ever since quarantine and having to do everything online. I get distracted way too easily. And it's fine, don't worry about it! It's nice to know I'm not alone, I hope the both of us go through this slump slowly and surely, quickly if possible!

I take BTEC business, psychology and economics.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending