Watch
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Starship Trooper)
There you go then haha

Ah the opium user yeah I liked him too just cos he was so weird. Probably wouldn't have voted for him though. Him going around London talking to all the black people was hilarious.
Aha i did rather like that admission And fairplay to him, taking part in the local culture unlike, say, Gove, who was just huffing coke to the detriment of farmers in South America.
He was the only one who ever came across as honest and generally a decent fellow unlike most of the other tories, alas. A bit odd in terms of being quirky but a very British quality imo aha
Starship Trooper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Name:  Screenshot_2021-09-21-23-01-18-35_92b64b2a7aa6eb3771ed6e18d0029815.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  205.6 KB

Honestly there should be a sitcom about posh white liberal conservatives going around the hood trying to win voters, I find that **** so hilarious

"Now you see here Tyrone, if you look at the fiscal charter.. ."
Last edited by Starship Trooper; 3 weeks ago
Starship Trooper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
Aha i did rather like that admission And fairplay to him, taking part in the local culture unlike, say, Gove, who was just huffing coke to the detriment of farmers in South America.
He was the only one who ever came across as honest and generally a decent fellow unlike most of the other tories, alas. A bit odd in terms of being quirky but a very British quality imo aha
Yep big agree I actually like Ken Clarke and Jeremy Corbyn for the same reason actually.
They appear to be a dying breed it seems sadly. That said I don't know if they'd necessarily be good leaders.

I think you have to be a bit of a monster to lead a country well.
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Starship Trooper)
Yep big agree I actually like Ken Clarke and Jeremy Corbyn for the same reason actually.
They appear to be a dying breed it seems sadly. That said I don't know if they'd necessarily be good leaders.

I think you have to be a bit of a monster to lead a country well.
Clarke was good. I must admit i liked some of Corbyns policies, it was more his supporters and cabinet picks i found abhorrent (plus his war on the middle classes). The old leader of the libdems, the raging alcoholic whose name i forget, was a fun one aswell :lol:

I wouldnt disagree with that. Those who lack a backbone of steel dont tend to last long or be remembered.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
The British always do appreciate those who are genuinely eccentric. I think it's one reason we tolerate Boris, despite everything.
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
The British always do appreciate those who are genuinely eccentric. I think it's one reason we tolerate Boris, despite everything.
Indeed, although he now comes ac ross as less eccentric and more grossly incompetent and a thoroughly unpleasant individual - as his family can no doubt attest.
The eccentric man working in his garage creating trinkets or wondering the highlands of central asia to satisfy his own idle curiosity being an interesting sort whilst he's simply a jackass who flaps whichever way the prevailing political currents are blowing.
anarchism101
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
World's most pointless election.
HansLuben
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
After the blackface scandal I can only conclude that Canada is racist...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (45)
13.12%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (93)
27.11%
I'm a bit unsure (60)
17.49%
I'm finding things difficult (115)
33.53%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (30)
8.75%

Watched Threads