The Student Room Group

Struggling with Arbitio practice tests

I've been doing daily tests on Arbitio and reviewing my answers, which I did just fine on till last week. In fact, since last Sunday, my percentile consistently increased and peaked on Friday. Since then, however, my scores have fallen.

I took a break on Saturday, got a 19 on Sunday, followed by a 17 yesterday and 14 today. And it's not just the score, but the percentile that's fallen significantly; otherwise, I wouldn't be worried. This is just very demotivating.

Will it get better? I have my actual test in 2 weeks (before which I will take a 2 day break) and 7 more tests to do. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks in advance!

Scroll to see replies

I heard that Arbitio is much harder than the actual LNAT, so don't let this demotivate you!
Reply 2
Original post by behxshtaa
I heard that Arbitio is much harder than the actual LNAT, so don't let this demotivate you!

Thanks! I just gave my actual LNAT last week. Been inactive here lol. The actual thing was surprisingly comparable to Arbitio tbh, or maybe that's because I expected it to be significantly easier idk. Anyway, hoping I've done alright enough
Original post by ziggy_1999
Thanks! I just gave my actual LNAT last week. Been inactive here lol. The actual thing was surprisingly comparable to Arbitio tbh, or maybe that's because I expected it to be significantly easier idk. Anyway, hoping I've done alright enough

Even I gave my LNAT last week. I completely agree with you, although a couple more objective questions were there in the actual thing, overall the difficulty level was similar to Arbitio. How do you think it went?
Reply 4
Original post by foamroller23
Even I gave my LNAT last week. I completely agree with you, although a couple more objective questions were there in the actual thing, overall the difficulty level was similar to Arbitio. How do you think it went?

Oh, I felt like I got more subjective questions than the Arbitio ones I'd done

It was a little tricky for me due to the subjectivity of the questions. However, I'm banking on the fact that I've tended to score better in my practice tests when it felt harder. And the essay was something I'm familiar enough with to be able to write about, so I'm quite pleased with how that went, even if my conclusion was a little rushed
Oh, I felt like I got more subjective questions than the Arbitio ones I'd done

It was a little tricky for me due to the subjectivity of the questions. However, I'm banking on the fact that I've tended to score better in my practice tests when it felt harder. And the essay was something I'm familiar enough with to be able to write about, so I'm quite pleased with how that went, even if my conclusion was a little rushed

Same about the essay tbh. For me, two out of the three topics were ones that I could write about, but I spent a lot of time debating between the two and ended up rushing my last two paras. Anyway, let's hope for the best.
Reply 6
Original post by foamroller23
Same about the essay tbh. For me, two out of the three topics were ones that I could write about, but I spent a lot of time debating between the two and ended up rushing my last two paras. Anyway, let's hope for the best.

That's pretty cool. I forgot I could go to the next page for other options and wasted 5 mins structuring an answer for the first one lmao. But it worked out in the end I guess

You're right lol, gotta hope for the best
(edited 2 years ago)
I've been doing daily tests on Arbitio and reviewing my answers, which I did just fine on till last week. In fact, since last Sunday, my percentile consistently increased and peaked on Friday. Since then, however, my scores have fallen.

I took a break on Saturday, got a 19 on Sunday, followed by a 17 yesterday and 14 today. And it's not just the score, but the percentile that's fallen significantly; otherwise, I wouldn't be worried. This is just very demotivating.

Will it get better? I have my actual test in 2 weeks (before which I will take a 2 day break) and 7 more tests to do. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks in advance!

how did you find the test , I have the same issue
Reply 8
Original post by ellis23456
how did you find the test , I have the same issue

It was trickier than I had expected, but I was very happy with the essay since it was a familiar topic. However, now the nerves have kicked in and I'm dying of anxiety regarding my lnat 🙃
Reply 9
It was trickier than I had expected, but I was very happy with the essay since it was a familiar topic. However, now the nerves have kicked in and I'm dying of anxiety regarding my lnat 🙃

Ah same! I thought it went well on the day but I’ve since been massively overthinking it! I’m also applying to law at Brasenose :smile:
Original post by swjp
Ah same! I thought it went well on the day but I’ve since been massively overthinking it! I’m also applying to law at Brasenose :smile:

Haha yeah I just saw

I hate waiting for all these decisions lol, keeps making you nervous
Reply 11
Haha yeah I just saw

I hate waiting for all these decisions lol, keeps making you nervous

Yeah same, have you heard back from anywhere you applied to yet?

i had my lnat ystd and i’m so anxious about the mcq because i feel so uncertain ahhh like it could have gone either way oh my
Original post by swjp
Yeah same, have you heard back from anywhere you applied to yet?

Not yet :/ but I expect Manchester to be first since it's non lnat

Original post by Sophxxxdd
i had my lnat ystd and i’m so anxious about the mcq because i feel so uncertain ahhh like it could have gone either way oh my

Haha welcome to the club
Reply 14
Not yet :/ but I expect Manchester to be first since it's non lnat

Haha welcome to the club

Cardiff is the only offer I’ve had and it’s my non lnat! I’m getting so impatient haha
(edited 2 years ago)
i’ve a feeling all the lnat unis will not give offers till jan lmaoo
Original post by Sophxxxdd
i’ve a feeling all the lnat unis will not give offers till jan lmaoo

Lmao don't jinx it
I've been doing daily tests on Arbitio and reviewing my answers, which I did just fine on till last week. In fact, since last Sunday, my percentile consistently increasede and peaked on Friday. Since then, however, my scores have fallen.

My lnat score has been going down so far as well, it’s really confusing I got 19,17,16,13 even though I go over my mistakes and make cue cards on them. I don’t know what to do and my exam is next month
Reply 18
Original post by TheFlash2024
My lnat score has been going down so far as well, it’s really confusing I got 19,17,16,13 even though I go over my mistakes and make cue cards on them. I don’t know what to do and my exam is next month

Try a totally new exam technique and see if it makes a difference. My scores were slowly dropping from around 25 to 18. I know these aren’t bad scores at all for Arbitio but they were decreasing. I then switched up my technique entirely and started increasing, including getting a 34 on Arbitio!
(edited 2 years ago)
How did you change your technique? 34 is an amazing score btw

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending