The Student Room Group

Telling my friend I like her

Hello I need advice, I've liked my friend for 4 years but didn't make a move because I wasn't comfortable with my sexuality. Yesterday my other friend said she had told her she likes me. I know my friend likes me and I like her back. But now I don't know how to tell her. I was planning on yelling her today during passing period because we don't have classes together... Any advice on what to.do?
Original post by Anonymous
Hello I need advice, I've liked my friend for 4 years but didn't make a move because I wasn't comfortable with my sexuality. Yesterday my other friend said she had told her she likes me. I know my friend likes me and I like her back. But now I don't know how to tell her. I was planning on yelling her today during passing period because we don't have classes together... Any advice on what to.do?

My advice is to just go for it and tell her that you like her. You should be even more confident since she likes you. I would suggest to shoot your shot before its too late so you won't have any regrets. Be direct and tell her that you like her wherever you feel the most comfortable.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by WeWillAllSucceed
My advice is to just go for it and tell her that you like her. You should be even more confident since she likes you. I would suggest to shoot your shot before its too late so you won't have any regrets. Be direct and tell her that you like her wherever you feel the most comfortable.

Great suggestion!
Reply 3
Update:

I asked her if she figured out who I like and she said my friend already told her I like her. Then I said "so you already know, now what?" And she said idk and we just walked to class in scilence. But I'm gonna text her abt it.
Update:

I asked her if she figured out who I like and she said my friend already told her I like her. Then I said "so you already know, now what?" And she said idk and we just walked to class in scilence. But I'm gonna text her abt it.

Let me know how it goes
Reply 5
We are now officially dating (:

But the thing is I'm not sure she's the type that likes hugs or holding hands etc. So I'm not sure how to show affection

But the thing is I'm not sure she's the type that likes hugs or holding hands etc. So I'm not sure how to show affection

Congrats. You'll understand more what she likes by time

Congrats! Aren't you glad you took the risk of putting yourself out there?

Ask her about it! Also, you could gradually, carefully become more affectionate with her - touching her arm, then holding her hand, then hugging her, and so forth - over the course of days, and just keep a close eye on how she's reacting and if she seems to be appreciating it.
(edited 2 years ago)
Congratulations!! :u::congrats: I hope all goes well for you in the future!
Congratulations!, I'm in a similar situation I like this guy and I *think* he might like me back but also don't want to ruin anything between us
I would say just go for it, if he's a good friend he wouldn't leave. You can also ask a friend to help find out if he likes you back first

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending