Loulouutay
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I finished my A levels with ABC
Achieved an A in photography, B in biology and a C in chemistry.
I am retaking biology and chemistry again to achieve AAA. But ! I haven’t got minimum of 5 7’s in my GCSEs. I achieved two 7’s , five 6’s , two 5’s and one 4.
I have found a place to retake my GCSEs again in jan 2022 which is obviously after the deadline of Oct 15th . I’ve emailed the vet schools to see if they will consider my application and my mitigating circumstances as well .

I want to apply to Surrey , RVC , Nottingham and Liverpool

What are my chances of getting in?
KJ2003
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
See what the vet schools reply with but it may be better to swap 1 or 2 of your options for Bristol who just need a 4 in English and maths and Edinburgh which I think is similar.

But if they say they’re willing to consider your circumstances I’m sure it will be fine.
University of Surrey Student Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Loulouutay)
I finished my A levels with ABC
Achieved an A in photography, B in biology and a C in chemistry.
I am retaking biology and chemistry again to achieve AAA. But ! I haven’t got minimum of 5 7’s in my GCSEs. I achieved two 7’s , five 6’s , two 5’s and one 4.
I have found a place to retake my GCSEs again in jan 2022 which is obviously after the deadline of Oct 15th . I’ve emailed the vet schools to see if they will consider my application and my mitigating circumstances as well .

I want to apply to Surrey , RVC , Nottingham and Liverpool

What are my chances of getting in?
Hello,

It's great to hear that you want to apply to Surrey!

It's good to hear that you've already emailed the vet schools! I would definitely say you've done the right thing, if you do not hear a response then definitely try to email the admission team to talk to them about your experience

If you have any questions, please let me know as I am here to help!
Becca
one_two_three
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I think you are best looking at a mix of universities - those that have these minimum GCSE requirements and those that don't. The difficulty with taking your GCSE's now is that you have already taken your A levels - you have already increased your academic level so universities usually would not consider the new results.
Bio>Maths
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi, sorry if I'm not contributing anything, but I'm kind of in the same boat, I wish the best of luck to you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (17)
56.67%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (3)
10%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (4)
13.33%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (1)
3.33%
I haven't started researching yet (2)
6.67%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
10%

Watched Threads