2022grad3747
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Haven’t seen a thread yet so decided to make one. Has anyone heard back after the job simulation?
Last edited by 2022grad3747; 1 month ago
ss93
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I did, it took 4 days and was rejected
2022grad3747
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ss93)
I did, it took 4 days and was rejected
Ahh what division/ location did you apply for?
SomMC1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 2022grad3747)
Haven’t seen a thread yet so decided to make one. Has anyone heard back after the job simulation?
doing my job simulation in the coming days for global banking in London. Last year's thread seems quite useful

How was your job simulation? What was the written component/email like?
2022grad3747
Rep:
?
(Original post by SomMC1)
doing my job simulation in the coming days for global banking in London. Last year's thread seems quite useful

How was your job simulation? What was the written component/email like?
It was fine, the email was regarding time management and how you would fit appointments etc into your weekly calendar. I think the grammar/ structure side is the most important factor

(this is for operations though) -good luck!
s_10
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Has anyone heard back after job simulation yet? I submitted mine september 11
2022grad3747
Rep:
?
(Original post by s_10)
Nothing yet - someone on another thread did get an email saying they were shortlisted though
SomMC1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It was fine, the email was regarding time management and how you would fit appointments etc into your weekly calendar. I think the grammar/ structure side is the most important factor

thanks for the input! hope you did well, do update us when you get an answer!

(Original post by s_10)
from what I've seen based on last year's thread, it may take 1-8weeks to get a reply. imo we're still considered 'early applicants' bc it's just September so we might have to wait longer.

but I think getting shortlisted is as good as it gets right now, meaning you passed the job sim too. good luck!

what program did you apply? @s_10
SomMC1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

im thinking of preparing a structure for email ahead of time, stuff like the greetings, some intro, and some endings too.

the recorded parts were related to some scenario/data or a normal competency (i.e. tell me about a time you were a team leader?) cheers
Last edited by SomMC1; 4 weeks ago
2022grad3747
Rep:
?
im thinking of preparing a structure for email ahead of time, stuff like the greetings, some intro, and some endings too.

the recorded parts were related to some scenario/data or a normal competency (i.e. tell me about a time you were a team leader?) cheers
Yeah I just used the average “hope this email finds you well” and ending with “if you have any further questions do not hesitate to contact me” etc

Then for videos mine where purely situational and felt like they wanted me to emphasise the importance of dissecting each step of a project to where it went wrong and networking/team role
SomMC1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah I just used the average “hope this email finds you well” and ending with “if you have any further questions do not hesitate to contact me” etc

Then for videos mine where purely situational and felt like they wanted me to emphasise the importance of dissecting each step of a project to where it went wrong and networking/team role
that makes sense, thanks for this!

any other banks you applied to?
2022grad3747
Rep:
?
that makes sense, thanks for this!

any other banks you applied to?
Just Lloyds atm but they’ve not even processed my application yet😬 struggling as not many apps have opened yet!

Wby?
SomMC1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Just Lloyds atm but they’ve not even processed my application yet😬 struggling as not many apps have opened yet!

Wby?
i've applied and done the first online assessment for lloyds. for banking, it was a 90min assessment! but took me nearly 2 hours. the lloyds was tougher than hsbc personally.
2022grad3747
Rep:
?
i've applied and done the first online assessment for lloyds. for banking, it was a 90min assessment! but took me nearly 2 hours. the lloyds was tougher than hsbc personally.
Yeah HSBC was my first app and it gave me too big a sense of security until I did the BNP one and got brought back down to earth😂😩

Just hope hsbc aren’t as slow as last year seemed to be tbh, but I emailed after I did the job sim as I thought my mic failed in my last section and they said they looked through my job sim and it was all fine but to expect a delay in the outcome?😩😂

like why couldn’t they have just passed/ rejected me then hahah
Last edited by 2022grad3747; 4 weeks ago
2022grad3747
Rep:
?
Just got the email and I’ve been shortlisted thankfully 😩
SomMC1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Just got the email and I’ve been shortlisted thankfully 😩
thats amazing!! many congratulations.

they said you passed the job sim and now will look to see if they can offer you an AC later this year?
2022grad3747
Rep:
?
thats amazing!! many congratulations.

they said you passed the job sim and now will look to see if they can offer you an AC later this year?
Yep got the minimum benchmark email and then the shortlisting email almost immediately after, albeit the shortlisting one was very generic😬
2022grad3747
Rep:
?
Thank you!! And yeah but still not holding out hope because this then never hearing from them again was a common theme last year too it seems 😩😂

This is the first hirevue I’ve passed (only applied to internships before though but I hate speaking to a blank screen lol) so if you usually do well in them I’m sure you’ll deffo pass!
Sahib2312
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey, I got the minimum benchmark email. I haven’t gotten any shortlisting email. Can you tell what was written in your shortlisting email.
2022grad3747
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sahib2312)
Hey, I got the minimum benchmark email. I haven’t gotten any shortlisting email. Can you tell what was written in your shortlisting email.
In short said that they’re very interested in my application and have been shortlisted for the upcoming acs but to be patient as they are processing applications - very generic (was from the same email you receive the benchmark email, not the host grad team)

In truth I think I got it as I’m a “average candidate” so I’ll be invited after the higher scorers if that makes sense lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (29)
87.88%
No (4)
12.12%

Watched Threads