The Student Room Group

HSBC 2022 graduate scheme

Haven’t seen a thread yet so decided to make one. Has anyone heard back after the job simulation?
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I did, it took 4 days and was rejected
Original post by ss93
I did, it took 4 days and was rejected

Ahh :frown: what division/ location did you apply for?
Reply 3
Has anyone heard back after job simulation yet? I submitted mine september 11
Original post by s_10
Has anyone heard back after job simulation yet? I submitted mine september 11

Nothing yet - someone on another thread did get an email saying they were shortlisted though
Original post by SomMC1
that makes sense, thanks for this!

any other banks you applied to?

Just Lloyds atm but they’ve not even processed my application yet😬 struggling as not many apps have opened yet!

Wby?
Original post by SomMC1
i've applied and done the first online assessment for lloyds. for banking, it was a 90min assessment! but took me nearly 2 hours. the lloyds was tougher than hsbc personally.

Yeah HSBC was my first app and it gave me too big a sense of security until I did the BNP one and got brought back down to earth😂😩

Just hope hsbc aren’t as slow as last year seemed to be tbh, but I emailed after I did the job sim as I thought my mic failed in my last section and they said they looked through my job sim and it was all fine but to expect a delay in the outcome?😩😂

like why couldn’t they have just passed/ rejected me then hahah
(edited 2 years ago)
Just got the email and I’ve been shortlisted thankfully 😩
Original post by SomMC1
thats amazing!! many congratulations.

they said you passed the job sim and now will look to see if they can offer you an AC later this year?

Yep got the minimum benchmark email and then the shortlisting email almost immediately after, albeit the shortlisting one was very generic😬
Thank you!! And yeah but still not holding out hope because this then never hearing from them again was a common theme last year too it seems 😩😂

This is the first hirevue I’ve passed (only applied to internships before though but I hate speaking to a blank screen lol) so if you usually do well in them I’m sure you’ll deffo pass!
Hey, I got the minimum benchmark email. I haven’t gotten any shortlisting email. Can you tell what was written in your shortlisting email.
Original post by Sahib2312
Hey, I got the minimum benchmark email. I haven’t gotten any shortlisting email. Can you tell what was written in your shortlisting email.

In short said that they’re very interested in my application and have been shortlisted for the upcoming acs but to be patient as they are processing applications - very generic (was from the same email you receive the benchmark email, not the host grad team)

In truth I think I got it as I’m a “average candidate” so I’ll be invited after the higher scorers if that makes sense lol
Reply 12
Original post by 2022grad3747
In short said that they’re very interested in my application and have been shortlisted for the upcoming acs but to be patient as they are processing applications - very generic (was from the same email you receive the benchmark email, not the host grad team)

In truth I think I got it as I’m a “average candidate” so I’ll be invited after the higher scorers if that makes sense lol

hii when did u both do the job simulation and when did u hear u passed
Original post by nb2008
hii when did u both do the job simulation and when did u hear u passed

The 9th of September then got told yesterday
Reply 14
Has anyone who applied for a grad role heard back from hsbc after job sim?
Reply 15
Original post by SomMC1
i havent yet, but i've only done it over the weekend. when did you do your job sim?

11 September
Reply 16
Original post by SomMC1
which programme?

Investment banking, wbu?
Reply 17
Nope I haven’t gotten anything at all which is a bit worrying haha since quite a few people on here said they got it
Reply 18
Hey guys!So I passed the immersive test and now have the job simulation. Any tips as to how to proceed with the preparation and I’ve heard that the questions are very division specific. Could you please help me out?
Any tips for the immersive test? Good luck for job sim

Quick Reply

Latest