nb2008
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 2022grad3747)
In short said that they’re very interested in my application and have been shortlisted for the upcoming acs but to be patient as they are processing applications - very generic (was from the same email you receive the benchmark email, not the host grad team)

In truth I think I got it as I’m a “average candidate” so I’ll be invited after the higher scorers if that makes sense lol
hii when did u both do the job simulation and when did u hear u passed
2022grad3747
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by nb2008)
hii when did u both do the job simulation and when did u hear u passed
The 9th of September then got told yesterday
Studentsroom8
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
How much more difficult was job sim compared with the immersive test?
Last edited by Studentsroom8; 3 weeks ago
s_10
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Has anyone who applied for a grad role heard back from hsbc after job sim?
Studentsroom8
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by s_10)
Not yet
Last edited by Studentsroom8; 3 weeks ago
SomMC1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by s_10)
i havent yet, but i've only done it over the weekend. when did you do your job sim?
s_10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by SomMC1)
i havent yet, but i've only done it over the weekend. when did you do your job sim?
11 September
SomMC1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by s_10)
11 September
which programme?
s_10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
which programme?
Investment banking, wbu?
SomMC1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by s_10)
Investment banking, wbu?
corporate banking. they closed IB and corporate the other day.

have you gotten the benchmark email and shortlisting email or nothing at all rn?
s_10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
corporate banking. they closed IB and corporate the other day.

have you gotten the benchmark email and shortlisting email or nothing at all rn?
Nope I haven’t gotten anything at all which is a bit worrying haha since quite a few people on here said they got it
Kavya30
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey guys!So I passed the immersive test and now have the job simulation. Any tips as to how to proceed with the preparation and I’ve heard that the questions are very division specific. Could you please help me out?
Puppypower1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Any tips for the immersive test? Good luck for job sim
Kavya30
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Puppypower1)
Any tips for the immersive test? Good luck for job sim
It’s actually quite straightforward. Make sure you prefer options which are more team based and some options where you are proactive. Never too independent. Numericals are straightforward as well. My report showed weakness in numericals but I still made it through so shouldn’t be a hassle.
cheapheadphone
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Kavya30)
It’s actually quite straightforward. Make sure you prefer options which are more team based and some options where you are proactive. Never too independent. Numericals are straightforward as well. My report showed weakness in numericals but I still made it through so shouldn’t be a hassle.
i did mine 2-3 days ago, got the report but no result yet, how long does it usually take?
Puppypower1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Kavya30)
Thank you !
2022grad3747
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by cheapheadphone)
i did mine 2-3 days ago, got the report but no result yet, how long does it usually take?
I got mine a day after the report
Leaderboard
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
For those that may find it helpful, (for the third time in a row) I failed. This was after the job immersion assessment, can't seem to pass them...

Dear Leader,
We would like to thank you for completing the Job Simulation as part of your HSBC application to the position of Markets & Securities Services - Quantitative Finance - Full-Time Associate Programme (UK - London).
In order to gain a full understanding of the meaning of your test results, your performance has been compared to that of a large group of individuals who have previously completed these tests when applying for a Graduate / Internship role at HSBC Global Businesses.
It is with regret that we must advise you that unfortunately you have not been successful in meeting our requirements. Regrettably it is not possible to provide individual feedback due to the high number of applications we receive. We trust, however, that the Feedback Report following the completion of the Online Immersive Assessment, giving you some insight into how you can work on your highest and lowest scoring attributes, has been useful.
If you could spare a few moments, we would be really keen to hear your feedback on the Job Simulation, as well as your HSBC journey to date. We would therefore ask that, if you have time, you complete our survey by clicking the link below:
Job Simulation Survey
Can't access the media? Copy this link into your browser: [link]
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in HSBC and wish you every success for the future.
Kind regards
HSBC Graduate Recruitment Team
Last edited by Leaderboard; 2 weeks ago
SomMC1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Leaderboard)
For those that may find it helpful, (for the third time in a row) I failed. This was after the job immersion assessment, can't seem to pass them...

Dear Leader,
We would like to thank you for completing the Job Simulation as part of your HSBC application to the position of Markets & Securities Services - Quantitative Finance - Full-Time Associate Programme (UK - London).
In order to gain a full understanding of the meaning of your test results, your performance has been compared to that of a large group of individuals who have previously completed these tests when applying for a Graduate / Internship role at HSBC Global Businesses.
It is with regret that we must advise you that unfortunately you have not been successful in meeting our requirements. Regrettably it is not possible to provide individual feedback due to the high number of applications we receive. We trust, however, that the Feedback Report following the completion of the Online Immersive Assessment, giving you some insight into how you can work on your highest and lowest scoring attributes, has been useful.
If you could spare a few moments, we would be really keen to hear your feedback on the Job Simulation, as well as your HSBC journey to date. We would therefore ask that, if you have time, you complete our survey by clicking the link below:
Job Simulation Survey
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in HSBC and wish you every success for the future.
Kind regards
Thats unfortunate, sorry to hear that. how long after the job sim did they send you this rejection email?
2022grad3747
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Leaderboard)

Dear Leader,
Job Simulation Survey
Kind regards
Sorry to hear this good luck in your other applications these VI interviews can be brutal
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (224)
56.57%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (50)
12.63%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (45)
11.36%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (36)
9.09%
I haven't started researching yet (23)
5.81%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
4.55%

Watched Threads