s_10
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Has anyone applied for IBD FT and heard back after job sim? I've been waiting for almost a month now lol
Leaderboard
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by SomMC1)
Thats unfortunate, sorry to hear that. how long after the job sim did they send you this rejection email?
3 days, at 1 am UK time.
TomTom1233456
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey all. I completed my HSBC immersive assessment a couple of hours ago. I received an email asking for my participation in a survey. Some of the questions mentioned feedback and how helpful I found it.

Did everyone get feedback after completing the immersive online assessment? If so, how long after?
Last edited by TomTom1233456; 3 weeks ago
Sahib2312
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Did anyone apply for technology graduate program and done with the fourth stage ie the codility round ? How was it? I got email that I was progressed fo next stage is the coding test.
user489030000
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
How long after the job simulation did you get the invite for the codility round ?
SomMC1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
HSBC global banking (corporate banking) grad programme - was told that they are not looking for grads but instead inviting me to transfer to off-cycle in London, or other alternatives.. Anyone else?
nb2008
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
HSBC global banking (corporate banking) grad programme - was told that they are not looking for grads but instead inviting me to transfer to off-cycle in London, or other alternatives.. Anyone else?
that sucks i havent heard anything yet and i applied to this grad programme
what alternatives did they suggest?
SomMC1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by nb2008)
that sucks i havent heard anything yet and i applied to this grad programme
what alternatives did they suggest?
After emailing them back and forth, they told me that they CANNOT transfer me to another business area. So, they cannot put you into the commercial banking grad scheme...

you either accept the off-cycle or you don't. they are no alternatives!
s_10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
After emailing them back and forth, they told me that they CANNOT transfer me to another business area. So, they cannot put you into the commercial banking grad scheme...

Did you end up accepting the off cycle ?
2022grad3747
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago

That’s soo bad! So they just cancel the scheme or did it fill up?
Sahib2312
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by user489030000)
How long after the job simulation did you get the invite for the codility round ?
I got an email first that I have met the benchmarks for job simulation around 1 week after I gave job simulation. In that email It was mentioned that they are reviewing the application and will let me know.
I got the coding round email around 2.5 weeks after job simulation and it’s mentioning that after coding round they will again review the application as a whole and then if successful proceed with the final stage,
SomMC1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by s_10)
Did you end up accepting the off cycle ?
No I did not, I am telling them that i do not accept off cycle,and instead will 'wait' to see if they re-open in January 2022 (which I bet they wont reopen lol)
(Original post by 2022grad3747)
That’s soo bad! So they just cancel the scheme or did it fill up?
canceled the grad scheme for global banking - this includes IB and Corporate banking. they said they will prioritise off-cycle interns. offcycle starting in march 2022 (during the middle of the UK school year hahah)
s_10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
No I did not, I am telling them that i do not accept off cycle,and instead will 'wait' to see if they re-open in January 2022 (which I bet they wont reopen lol)

canceled the grad scheme for global banking - this includes IB and Corporate banking. they said they will prioritise off-cycle interns. offcycle starting in march 2022 (during the middle of the UK school year hahah)
I really don’t understand how they could just cancel the grad scheme - why open it from the beginning if they’re just not gonna proceed? So weird
SomMC1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by s_10)
I really don’t understand how they could just cancel the grad scheme - why open it from the beginning if they’re just not gonna proceed? So weird
IKR, they open on 1st Sept and close it by 25th September for their 2 largest intakes - IB and Corp...
i can already tell that a lot of people will be very upset with HSBC (myself included !!)

in the email, they even say they don't guarantee a full time offer if you complete the off-cycle haha.

i seriously hope they re-open grad programmes in Jan 2022. But yeah, it's very bad news for everyone.
user489030000
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Sahib2312)
I got an email first that I have met the benchmarks for job simulation around 1 week after I gave job simulation. In that email It was mentioned that they are reviewing the application and will let me know.
I got the coding round email around 2.5 weeks after job simulation and it’s mentioning that after coding round they will again review the application as a whole and then if successful proceed with the final stage,
Thanks
nb2008
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

Can you show us the email ?
0le
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by s_10)
They are able to change their stance at a whim and they do not care about how it affects the applicants whatsoever. They changed their stance ultimately because in doing so, it made better financial sense for them (fewer operating costs, less people to train, etc etc).
Last edited by 0le; 2 weeks ago
CD26
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Has anyone done the job simulation for commercial banking and can share their experience? thank you.
TomTom1233456
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi all,

I have to complete my job simulation in the next few days. For those who have completed it, was the video questions wanting you to answer using your own experiences (STAR approach), or just using the information provided?

Thank you
username5513644
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey,You answer using the information provided, but some video questions may require you to have knowledge on the area you applied for or how you would approach a situation or task etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (147)
85.47%
No (25)
14.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed