TomTom1233456
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by umxrino)
Hey,You answer using the information provided, but some video questions may require you to have knowledge on the area you applied for or how you would approach a situation or task etc.
That really helps thanks. For the question regarding how you would approach a situation/task, you wouldn't need to answer that one using past experiences then?
Kavya30
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by TomTom1233456)
That really helps thanks. For the question regarding how you would approach a situation/task, you wouldn't need to answer that one using past experiences then?
Heya, so I’ve just given my job simulation this week. As umxrino said, it’s very division specific. The number of video questions change as well. My friend gave it for asset management and I gave it for private banking, where he had 4-5 video responses and I just had 2. They checked my verbal skills more. You can’t really be prepared for it, and though it might sound cliche, just be yourself. And about past experiences, I had a question regarding that, so you might have one as well. Hope it helps!
TomTom1233456
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Kavya30)
Heya, so I’ve just given my job simulation this week. As umxrino said, it’s very division specific. The number of video questions change as well. My friend gave it for asset management and I gave it for private banking, where he had 4-5 video responses and I just had 2. They checked my verbal skills more. You can’t really be prepared for it, and though it might sound cliche, just be yourself. And about past experiences, I had a question regarding that, so you might have one as well. Hope it helps!
It does help! Thank you very much
Chenxublossom
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by SomMC1)
HSBC global banking (corporate banking) grad programme - was told that they are not looking for grads but instead inviting me to transfer to off-cycle in London, or other alternatives.. Anyone else?
Hi, did you hear that news from them after you have passed the AC? Or after you have passed the job simulation test? It's so sad that they cancelled the whole programme!
SomMC1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Chenxublossom)
Hi, did you hear that news from them after you have passed the AC? Or after you have passed the job simulation test? It's so sad that they cancelled the whole programme!
they told me after the job sim. which area have you applied to?
Chenxublossom
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I applied to Global Banking-IB...I completed the JS 2 weeks ago and have been waiting for their feedback... It's really heartbreaking that they are cancelling the program, we've all worked hard on the tests...
Chenxublossom
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
How long did it take you to hear from the result of the js?
ep07
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Has anyone done the JS for commercial banking? and how long did it take to hear back?
SomMC1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
How long did it take you to hear from the result of the js?
around 2 weeks and then they offered me the alternatives. some other guys also got offered the transfer, and others didn't. Not sure what it means for the people who weren't emailed about the transfer.
SomMC1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I applied to Global Banking-IB...I completed the JS 2 weeks ago and have been waiting for their feedback... It's really heartbreaking that they are cancelling the program, we've all worked hard on the tests...
for global banking (ib and corp), they said they are not guaranteeing that they'll reopen in Jan. it probs isn't the best idea to expect them to reopen for ACs sadly.. but again, they might reopen!
Baker banker
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi everyone, I have received my online immersive assessment invite today for WPB, does anyone have any tips at all?
Thank you
Last edited by Baker banker; 1 week ago
2022grad4489
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Anybody heard back for Asset Management Investment post Job-Sim?
PG2021
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Same question! Completed my job simulation for this scheme on 8th September and haven’t heard back since then. On emailing them, I received a very generic email stating “we will provide an update as soon as possible”
kaaayjay
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I was wondering whether the job simulation asks questions like 'Why HSBC' and 'Why this role".

Are the questions purely situational or is it something we can prepare for?
Bigman22
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No I did not, I am telling them that i do not accept off cycle,and instead will 'wait' to see if they re-open in January 2022 (which I bet they wont reopen lol)

canceled the grad scheme for global banking - this includes IB and Corporate banking. they said they will prioritise off-cycle interns. offcycle starting in march 2022 (during the middle of the UK school year hahah)
Wait what the hell, this is so absurd that they closed the grad schemes. Deal flow is off the chart surely they would need new grads to work on them.

So those that applied before 25th September did they get in, or was the program closed for them too? That sounds crazy

And what about off-cycles are they advertising them on their site? I can't see any
Bigman22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I was having a look on HSBC seeing if they're recruiting for global banking (IB) and it wasn't on there. I thought it's odd maybe I missed the deadline but it seems early for that. So I now find out they closed the whole damn programme? Wtf lol, so HSBC are literally taking no IB grads this year? Just off-cycles? that sounds so absurd to say for a big bank, ***** crazy lol.
Bigman22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Leaderboard)
For those that may find it helpful, (for the third time in a row) I failed. This was after the job immersion assessment, can't seem to pass them...

Dear Leader,
We would like to thank you for completing the Job Simulation as part of your HSBC application to the position of Markets & Securities Services - Quantitative Finance - Full-Time Associate Programme (UK - London).
In order to gain a full understanding of the meaning of your test results, your performance has been compared to that of a large group of individuals who have previously completed these tests when applying for a Graduate / Internship role at HSBC Global Businesses.
It is with regret that we must advise you that unfortunately you have not been successful in meeting our requirements. Regrettably it is not possible to provide individual feedback due to the high number of applications we receive. We trust, however, that the Feedback Report following the completion of the Online Immersive Assessment, giving you some insight into how you can work on your highest and lowest scoring attributes, has been useful.
If you could spare a few moments, we would be really keen to hear your feedback on the Job Simulation, as well as your HSBC journey to date. We would therefore ask that, if you have time, you complete our survey by clicking the link below:
Job Simulation Survey
Can't access the media? Copy this link into your browser: [link]
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in HSBC and wish you every success for the future.
Kind regards
HSBC Graduate Recruitment Team
How did you apply 3 times lol, i thought we can only make one application? Diff emails?
SomMC1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by kaaayjay)
I was wondering whether the job simulation asks questions like 'Why HSBC' and 'Why this role".

Are the questions purely situational or is it something we can prepare for?
Job sim does not include why hsbc or why this role. You only gotta react to situations presented to you. You don’t need to know anything about hsbc at all to do well. But look at their values/pillars, diversity and inclusive work environment. Etc.
SomMC1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Bigman22)
Wait what the hell, this is so absurd that they closed the grad schemes. Deal flow is off the chart surely they would need new grads to work on them.

So those that applied before 25th September did they get in, or was the program closed for them too? That sounds crazy

And what about off-cycles are they advertising them on their site? I can't see any
That’s right. They closed the programme. I applied on 19th and i did the tests and job sim and then got invited to transferonto off cycle.

You won’t be able to apply to hsbc unless they reopen in jan or later.

Off cycle are running. Google hsbc global banking internship, select uk and you should see Corp and
Ib off cycles. - idk if you can actually apply to them but I do see the option.
SomMC1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Bigman22)
I was having a look on HSBC seeing if they're recruiting for global banking (IB) and it wasn't on there. I thought it's odd maybe I missed the deadline but it seems early for that. So I now find out they closed the whole damn programme? Wtf lol, so HSBC are literally taking no IB grads this year? Just off-cycles? that sounds so absurd to say for a big bank, ***** crazy lol.
Are you
Still in uni or did you graduate ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (224)
56.57%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (50)
12.63%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (45)
11.36%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (36)
9.09%
I haven't started researching yet (23)
5.81%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
4.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise