Abdul101Aman
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi there, I was thinking of applying to Cambridge for maths this year, but I wanted to ask about further maths.

Would it be possible to complete the whole a level in one year, because my school didn’t offer further maths when I applied in year 12, and they weren’t very helpful with doing the extra a level. However I asked this year, and they are allowing me to do it and willing to pay, I just wanted to ask for any advice.
the_pharaoh
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Abdul101Aman)
Hi there, I was thinking of applying to Cambridge for maths this year, but I wanted to ask about further maths.

Would it be possible to complete the whole a level in one year, because my school didn’t offer further maths when I applied in year 12, and they weren’t very helpful with doing the extra a level. However I asked this year, and they are allowing me to do it and willing to pay, I just wanted to ask for any advice.
You can cuz Im doing further maths with my school and basically for the whole of year 12 were just finishing the normal a level maths then in year 13 we start the further maths content
Cupcakes12
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
possibly yes, but you'd have to put alot of work in

we do 9 hours of further maths lessons plus 5 hours (roughly) of homework and revision every 2 weeks over 2 years to cover the course

so by that reckoning if you learnt at the same pace as my class (you could maybe manage to go a bit quicker if it's just you learning it independently) it would be about 14 hours of work a week to do it

it also gets very hard in the year 2 pure stuff
Theloniouss
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes, it would be possible. Many schools already run Further Maths so that it's completed in one year, and from personal experience you could probably pull it off in only a few months if you worked really hard.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (298)
57.2%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (74)
14.2%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (59)
11.32%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (44)
8.45%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
4.99%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
3.84%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed