CHARLIE_l
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I'm going to uni to do computer science and was pretty sure about going to Aston because I didn't think I could go to UOB because I took a BTEC without A level maths but my teacher suggested a foundation year.

Im trying to decide whether UOB is worth the extra year but I don't know much about university in general. What would I be getting at UOB that I wouldn't at Aston? It's the same degree.
tsaxoxo123
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by CHARLIE_l)
I'm going to uni to do computer science and was pretty sure about going to Aston because I didn't think I could go to UOB because I took a BTEC without A level maths but my teacher suggested a foundation year.

Im trying to decide whether UOB is worth the extra year but I don't know much about university in general. What would I be getting at UOB that I wouldn't at Aston? It's the same degree.
Hey! I'm certain that my first choice is going to be Aston. I was thinking about a foundation year at UOB but realised I couldn't do that since I got a 5 at GCSE Maths. If you don't mind me asking, what other universities are you thinking of applying to?
Last edited by tsaxoxo123; 4 weeks ago
sdfgfsaq
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

I would say if you are able to get into the foundation year at UOB, do it .
It in the top 10 universites for computer science so very much worth it.
CHARLIE_l
Rep:
?
(Original post by tsaxoxo123)
Hey! I'm certain that my first choice is going to be Aston. I was thinking about a foundation year at UOB but realised I couldn't do that since I got a 5 at GCSE Maths. If you don't mind me asking, what other universities are you thinking of applying to?
I'm really only Interested in UOB or Aston so that I can stay home.
CHARLIE_l
Rep:
?
(Original post by sdfgfsaq)
I would say if you are able to get into the foundation year at UOB, do it .
It in the top 10 universites for computer science so very much worth it.
What would be the difference though? Because you're getting the same degree would it be easier to get jobs afterwards?
sdfgfsaq
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What would be the difference though? Because you're getting the same degree would it be easier to get jobs afterwards?
Uni doesnt work like school kid, it isnt as if there is exam boards and that we all do one exam and get a grade. Each uni does there own exam so no a degree from uni isnt the exam sme as another one. Whereas a levels from each school would all be the same.

Some firms and high companys only hire from particular unis too so consider that
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (316)
57.25%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (77)
13.95%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (62)
11.23%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (48)
8.7%
I haven't started researching yet (28)
5.07%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
3.8%

Watched Threads