The Student Room Group

How to revise for biology a level cells test

Guys can you please give me ideas on how to revise for biology a level cells test. Can you also give me exam questions?
What specification?

Do a bunch of topic tests and try answering application questions in your text book. All of them.
Do flashcards also, it’s helpful for active recall.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by 2939HIHI
Guys can you please give me ideas on how to revise for biology a level cells test. Can you also give me exam questions?

Hi I would recommend reading your notes and textbook on the topic then making flashcards for the key concepts like structure and function of each organelle. Then have a look on the PMT website which has past paper questions sorted by exam board and topic :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by angelica_reads
Hi I would recommend reading your notes and textbook on the topic then making flashcards for the key concepts like structure and function of each organelle. Then have a look on the PMT website which has past paper questions sorted by exam board and topic :smile:

thank you. Plz pray for me for full marks. Thank you for the tip!
Original post by 2939HIHI

1. Make sure you know the following terms. Could you describe them? Could you identify them on a diagram?

Cell surface membrane
Intrinsic and extrinsic protein (aka channel/carrier proteins)
Golgi body/apparatus
Lysosome
Mitochondrion/a
Smooth and rough endoplasmic reticulum
Nucleus
Nuclear envelope and nuclear pores
Ribosomes
Vacuole
Chloroplast

2. Make sure you know the sub-cellular components of a mitochondrion and chloroplast.

Quick Reply

Latest