RhAS
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I have so many doubts. My UCAT's in 7 days and I feel entirely unprepared. To those who have already taken the tests, please answer these questions:

1. Are VR passages in the real exam more complicated than the ones in Medify mocks?
2. Were SJT questions on the same level as Medify mocks 1-3?
3. QR and AR in Medify mocks vs in the real UCAT.
4. Overall, did you score better in Medify mocks or in the real exam?
5. Any tips and tricks for QR, please? I've been scoring terribly in it and have no idea how to improve in such a short amount of time.
_onyourleft
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by RhAS)
I have so many doubts. My UCAT's in 7 days and I feel entirely unprepared. To those who have already taken the tests, please answer these questions:

1. Are VR passages in the real exam more complicated than the ones in Medify mocks?
2. Were SJT questions on the same level as Medify mocks 1-3?
3. QR and AR in Medify mocks vs in the real UCAT.
4. Overall, did you score better in Medify mocks or in the real exam?
5. Any tips and tricks for QR, please? I've been scoring terribly in it and have no idea how to improve in such a short amount of time.
1. The questions are maybe slightly trickier, some people find it a big step up but I didn’t personally find it too bad, maybe because the passages were shorter than medify and timing was my biggest issue.
2. I’d say the SJT was pretty similar to most of the medify mocks, the only ones I’d say were significantly harder were the last few mocks.
3. QR slightly easier, AR about the same.
4. On the actual exam I scores about the same as I did in the earlier medify mocks, but much better than the later ones as I found them significantly harder.
5. If you haven’t already, learn to use the ucat calculator and numerical keypad (or just practice using the ‘train’ tool on medify). For calculator, the KhamaMedic video was a lifesaver. Doing this saved me SO much time and improved my score massively. After that I just identified the areas I was worst at and practiced. These are definitely things you can do in less than a week so might improve your score if they’re useful to you. Good luck! 😃
fridacatlo
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi,
I can give my experience, if that helps.
1. They were a little more complicated, but much much shorter
2. I can't remember exactly, but I think so
3. I found these sections very variable when I was practising, but I did about in the middle of my highest and lowest scores for them
4. Overall, I did better in medify mocks but about the same in the official mocks

Overall, I would recommend doing the official mocks (if you haven't already) as they're a little more representative I think, and also the question banks just to adjust to a slightly different question style. For QR, is it the timing or the questions themselves? I'd recommend practising percentage difference as that seems to come up a lot, and compound interest.

Hope that helps
fridacatlo
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Oh, by the way good luck. It's daunting, but it feels great when it's over!
RhAS
Rep:
?
(Original post by light.academia14)
1. The questions are maybe slightly trickier, some people find it a big step up but I didn’t personally find it too bad, maybe because the passages were shorter than medify and timing was my biggest issue.
2. I’d say the SJT was pretty similar to most of the medify mocks, the only ones I’d say were significantly harder were the last few mocks.
3. QR slightly easier, AR about the same.
4. On the actual exam I scores about the same as I did in the earlier medify mocks, but much better than the later ones as I found them significantly harder.
5. If you haven’t already, learn to use the ucat calculator and numerical keypad (or just practice using the ‘train’ tool on medify). For calculator, the KhamaMedic video was a lifesaver. Doing this saved me SO much time and improved my score massively. After that I just identified the areas I was worst at and practiced. These are definitely things you can do in less than a week so might improve your score if they’re useful to you. Good luck! 😃
Thank you so much for all your advice. It's unbelievably sweet of you to take the time to answer in such a detailed manner.
RhAS
Rep:
?
Thanks a million, you're very kind.

(Original post by fridacatlo)
Oh, by the way good luck. It's daunting, but it feels great when it's over!
RhAS
Rep:
?
(Original post by fridacatlo)
Hi,
I can give my experience, if that helps.
1. They were a little more complicated, but much much shorter
2. I can't remember exactly, but I think so
3. I found these sections very variable when I was practising, but I did about in the middle of my highest and lowest scores for them
4. Overall, I did better in medify mocks but about the same in the official mocks

Overall, I would recommend doing the official mocks (if you haven't already) as they're a little more representative I think, and also the question banks just to adjust to a slightly different question style. For QR, is it the timing or the questions themselves? I'd recommend practising percentage difference as that seems to come up a lot, and compound interest.

Hope that helps
You've definitely helped a lot. Honestly can't thank you enough. I'll do my best to follow your advice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (216)
56.4%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (50)
13.05%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (44)
11.49%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (33)
8.62%
I haven't started researching yet (23)
6.01%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (17)
4.44%

Watched Threads