Active recall on a topic

Watch
maidajajja
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
If I'm doing active recall on a specific topic should I read on it first and then blurt everything out on a page? or should a I try and write everything i remember and then read on the topic and fill in what I didn't remember?

0ptics
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by maidajajja)
If I'm doing active recall on a specific topic should I read on it first and then blurt everything out on a page? or should a I try and write everything i remember and then read on the topic and fill in what I didn't remember?
I’d say the latter as the former is just regurgitating what you’ve just read. The latter is also good at showing what gaps are missing in your knowledge.
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
A few active recall methods
Get a friend or relative to test you orally. Have them ask you quick fire questions which you need to answer.

Use flashcards. Write down something on one side then turn it over. Test yourself using them.

Look at some useful resources. Look at the exam questions in them.
TL07
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I am in s3 in scotland so i am quite early with studying but I have not found the click for a right technique the blurting in small chunks works but it is quite slow. can anyone help. also how many hours should I study on a school day (8:40-3:30/2:40) and a weekend and holiday
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (156)
84.78%
No (28)
15.22%

Watched Threads