The Student Room Group

How to know if a girl is gay?

I know everyone will just say “ask them” but it’s not that easy- there’s complications if you have to see them everyday like I will..there’s a girl on my bus I’m starting to crush on but I’m not sure if she’s bi/ gay- I randomly found her ig bc lots of mutual followers and saw she follows gaytimes (I’ll admit I wanted to see what she’s interested in).

She’s a bit like Maeve from sex education, so it’s hard to tell if she’s just into gothic looks or is sapphic.

I do know her through mutual friends irl too but they’re not sure if she’s bi as she hasn’t been in a relationship recently.

Helppp pls, ta x
There is Tinder mate
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
There is Tinder mate

Not into tinder. I tried it once and loads of open couples were looking for an extra girl lol
Is there any LGBTQ+ society in your school? I found out my crush was queer cause we had the same social sciences class together and we joined an after hours LGBT club as well. But apart from that it could be hard to tell unless you strike up conversation with her and maybe bring up the topic of queer actresses and singers
Unless you have real hints it's a bit of a stretch to presume someone is LGBTQ+ as they are a minority group, you could make someone super uncomfortable
Reply 5
Is there any LGBTQ+ society in your school? I found out my crush was queer cause we had the same social sciences class together and we joined an after hours LGBT club as well. But apart from that it could be hard to tell unless you strike up conversation with her and maybe bring up the topic of queer actresses and singers

Not sure if there is a club for LGBT? I’m not out to my parents yet so don’t want to be recognised anywhere. That’s a good idea though about mentioning queer culture…we haven’t spoken yet bc we haven’t needed to if that makes sense; only waiting for the bus and being on phones etc. I had another look at socials and I think she has a few queer friends so that might be an indication? I have a terrible gaydar with women, men are much easier to read. Thanks sm x
Reply 6
Unless you have real hints it's a bit of a stretch to presume someone is LGBTQ+ as they are a minority group, you could make someone super uncomfortable

That’s so true..I’m uncomfortable when anyone asks me and I often lie and say I’m straight bc it’s so one else’s business. Just don’t want to **** it up with this girl bc she knows so many people I know as well and it would be awkward if she said to others about it. Just not sure how to go about it really- I’m not sure whether I should let my crush on her go.
Reply 7
Would like to add that the girl is probably out of my league too which is why I am more nervous.
That’s so true..I’m uncomfortable when anyone asks me and I often lie and say I’m straight bc it’s so one else’s business. Just don’t want to **** it up with this girl bc she knows so many people I know as well and it would be awkward if she said to others about it. Just not sure how to go about it really- I’m not sure whether I should let my crush on her go.

You could stop focusing on it for a while, naturally you might find out more about them over time and decide if it's less risky. You could also approach it innocently and try to be friends then you won't feel weird about it. Since you don't know them the crush is from afar and you may change your mind once you know them (happens a lot).
Would like to add that the girl is probably out of my league too which is why I am more nervous.

i guess the more u focus on it the more u r pressuring yourself to take action
Well there's no harm trying to be friends first. With most wlw relationships it tends to work out better when there's a friendship to work upwards from
You could stop focusing on it for a while, naturally you might find out more about them over time and decide if it's less risky. You could also approach it innocently and try to be friends then you won't feel weird about it. Since you don't know them the crush is from afar and you may change your mind once you know them (happens a lot).

Ugh thank you! That’s the best advice, I feel focused on it bc the crush is new and I know from past crushes it will become less intense but I struggle to handle it at the time. Weirdly I find when I become uninterested they become interested in me which is so annoying.
Ugh thank you! That’s the best advice, I feel focused on it bc the crush is new and I know from past crushes it will become less intense but I struggle to handle it at the time. Weirdly I find when I become uninterested they become interested in me which is so annoying.

Ain't that always the case 😂
Weird thing, the psychology of attraction

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending