This discussion is closed.
KingAS
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Hmm i have a very bad feeling about this exam :confused: :eek:

got 50% on the mock i did last week!!

do any of ya have some good last minute strategies.... i can still do about 9 hours of revision tomorrow.... and 1 or 2 hours before the exam on wed!!

plz help!
Aitch
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by KingAS)
Hmm i have a very bad feeling about this exam :confused: :eek:

got 50% on the mock i did last week!!

do any of ya have some good last minute strategies.... i can still do about 9 hours of revision tomorrow.... and 1 or 2 hours before the exam on wed!!

plz help!
Personally...

...when I do P4 in the summer, I shall, as a priority, prepare the common substitutions for the differential equations, and the different forms of differential equations...

Aitch
david cool
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
do all the questions in the book and papers and hope for the best lol
BCHL85
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by david cool)
do all the questions in the book and papers and hope for the best lol
It's too late to say that. Just revise what you feel confused. Look at the book and past paper and find out which part u need to revise, I think ur mock exam is useful now . Good luck
RObTRIP
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
on p4 you know that the differential equations stuff is worth easily over a 1/5th marks, nearly 2/5ths sometimes. also know your polar curves!!! the general shapes of them are extremely useful to learn, although the p4 book is rather useless for that, practice em a lot!
Womble548
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I agree. I am just working through Rev Ex 2 in the P4 book. 1st and 2nd order differential equations and polars are the main chunk of the exam. Will alwyas be the last question!

Inequalities, Series, Complex numbers and numerical methods are pretty straight forward. Just have to be careful.
KingAS
Rep:
?
(Original post by Womble548)
I agree. I am just working through Rev Ex 2 in the P4 book. 1st and 2nd order differential equations and polars are the main chunk of the exam. Will alwyas be the last question!

Inequalities, Series, Complex numbers and numerical methods are pretty straight forward. Just have to be careful.

thanks guys, i think ill start off with REV EX 2 first....
Womble548
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Thats the best section to be confident on. Will need to know the basics of the other sections but they are pretty simple
m:)ckel
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I did the June 03 paper the other day, and it was easily the hardest paper I've ever done.
However, I did well on it, and so am feeling pretty confident

(boundary for an A was 52/75)

I agree with the general idea that all the 'review exercise 2' stuff will make up a large chunk of the marks.
KingAS
Rep:
?
(Original post by mockel)
I did the June 03 paper the other day, and it was easily the hardest paper I've ever done.
However, I did well on it, and so am feeling pretty confident

(boundary for an A was 52/75)

I agree with the general idea that all the 'review exercise 2' stuff will make up a large chunk of the marks.

hmm that makes me feel a bit better

yeah i know most of the stuff on review 1, just finished first order differentials and i have the second order and polar cords to nail.. in the next 4 hours or so... is it possible?
m:)ckel
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by KingAS)
hmm that makes me feel a bit better

yeah i know most of the stuff on review 1, just finished first order differentials and i have the second order and polar cords to nail.. in the next 4 hours or so... is it possible?
Yep. Just do lots of questions, and you should be fine.
Womble548
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hmmmm, what I dont know now I wont know

Gonna just have a stab at a few random Qs from each topic now
shift3
Report 14 years ago
Does anyone have the 2004 mark schemes?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (695)
80.63%
Leave (167)
19.37%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise