Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Last edited by vr123; 3 weeks ago
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
i'm afraid you've made a lot of mistakes on law here first, a person in possession of class A, B or C drugs with intention to supply would be charged under the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 - not the Psychoactive Substances 2016.

you said:
'If however the drug dealer supplied a combination of drugs which they knew would in certainty cause death, then they would merit the charge of murder'. that is factually incorrect; no they would not be charged with murder because they still don't have the mens rea for murder.

you've spent far too much time concentrated on murder when you could have outruled that in one paragraph. you should be focussing on unlawful act manslaughter which is 100 percent relavent and persons supplying drugs have been tried in the past. see R v Kennedy 2007. hope that helps!
vr123
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Joleee)
i'm afraid you've made a lot of mistakes on law here first, a person in possession of class A, B or C drugs with intention to supply would be charged under the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 - not the Psychoactive Substances 2016.

you said:
'If however the drug dealer supplied a combination of drugs which they knew would in certainty cause death, then they would merit the charge of murder'. that is factually incorrect; no they would not be charged with murder because they still don't have the mens rea for murder.

you've spent far too much time concentrated on murder when you could have outruled that in one paragraph. you should be focussing on unlawful act manslaughter which is 100 percent relavent and persons supplying drugs have been tried in the past. see R v Kennedy 2007. hope that helps!
Thank you, have been trying to familiarise myself with English law over the past week as I am an international applicant, but notwithstanding the legal inaccuracies how would you rate the structure and line of argument?

Thanks again
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (51)
13.93%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (94)
25.68%
I'm a bit unsure (63)
17.21%
I'm finding things difficult (127)
34.7%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (31)
8.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed