7.5-8 months enough to go from BCC to ABB/BBB?

Watch
jandee
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Is this a realistic goal to have? I’ve only started working harder since the start of year 13, I was very lazy & also struggling a lot with life in year 12 so didn’t do any work.

I’ll need at least a BBB to do the course i want at my insurance university, and ABB for my dream uni.
I can set aside 3 hours to revision per day outside of school, but i don’t know if it’s enough time with my first exam being in only 7 and a half months.

My subjects are english literature, history and psychology. I only want to go up about a grade in each subject but i’ll also have to make up for english lit coursework.
Predictions don’t matter because I’m taking a year out
Last edited by jandee; 4 weeks ago
sumayaaa
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
literally in the same position, but i’m doing chem psychology and bio. I hope all goes well for you! I think you could do it tbh
jandee
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by sumayaaa)
literally in the same position, but i’m doing chem psychology and bio. I hope all goes well for you! I think you could do it tbh
Thank you! I’m certain you could too- maybe it’s because i’m not a science person but i reckon you’d have to be pretty smart to do chemistry AND biology anyways i’ve seen people asking about DEE to 3 A* in the space of 3 months on here so i hope I’m not being too unrealistic, but i also don’t want to get my hopes up haha.
sumayaaa
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by jandee)
Thank you! I’m certain you could too- maybe it’s because i’m not a science person but i reckon you’d have to be pretty smart to do chemistry AND biology anyways i’ve seen people asking about DEE to 3 A* in the space of 3 months on here so i hope I’m not being too unrealistic, but i also don’t want to get my hopes up haha.
ah thank you thank you, my grades rn beg to differ tho lool😂

You know the grades you’ve got rn, did you revise before hand for the exams for a long period of time , or do last minute revision? I feel like if you did last minute revision and got those grades, you could 100% boost them up if you put in the work over a period of time and find your best method of revision
jandee
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by sumayaaa)
ah thank you thank you, my grades rn beg to differ tho lool😂

You know the grades you’ve got rn, did you revise before hand for the exams for a long period of time , or do last minute revision? I feel like if you did last minute revision and got those grades, you could 100% boost them up if you put in the work over a period of time and find your best method of revision
Not proud of it but I did no work for the entire year and then crammed a day or two before each mock we had and somehow scraped enough to pass onto year 13 & achieved the same grades in term 1 of year 13 without revising.

However if that really is the case it does give me hope!
Wby?
Last edited by jandee; 3 weeks ago
baekie
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Is this a realistic goal to have? I’ve only started working harder since the start of year 13, I was very lazy & also struggling a lot with life in year 12 so didn’t do any work.

I’ll need at least a BBB to do the course i want at my insurance university, and ABB for my dream uni.
I can set aside 3 hours to revision per day outside of school, but i don’t know if it’s enough time with my first exam being in only 7 and a half months.

My subjects are english literature, history and psychology. I only want to go up about a grade in each subject but i’ll also have to make up for english lit coursework.
Predictions don’t matter because I’m taking a year out
woww what are the odds im in yr13 too doing the exact same subjects, also taking a gap year and i need to improve my grades too bahahah i finished yr12 with CCC because i barely revised so hoping to push it up to AAB/ABB by the end
jbrdodd
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Find an effective revision method which suits you, that should be your first step in achieving your goal. Flashcards and Past paper questions were the best methods for me and would argue are the most effective too
Culver
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yes 100%!! Just finished my A levels and got my results and went from BCC in year twelve to A*A*A in year 13 - anything’s possible if you put your mind to it
sumayaaa
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Not proud of it but I did no work for the entire year and then crammed a day or two before each mock we had and somehow scraped enough to pass onto year 13 & achieved the same grades in term 1 of year 13 without revising.

However if that really is the case it does give me hope!
Wby?
legit same. I would either cram the day before or not revise at all. BUT that means when we do revise effcetivrly imagine the grades omg now i’m excited
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (114)
57.58%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (22)
11.11%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (24)
12.12%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (16)
8.08%
I haven't started researching yet (11)
5.56%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (11)
5.56%

Watched Threads