The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Applying abroad - British

Hi all,

I am studying in Hong Kong but I would like to know if I can apply to the UK using my British passport.

I don't want to qualify for home fee status, I would just like to be counted as a British student in order to be selected from a different bucket where the chances of receiving an offer are higher.

Is this possible?

Thank you!
is there data showing uk universities adversely discriminate against international students, or even allocate limited places to home and international students separately?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by HoldThisL
is there data showing uk universities adversely discriminate against international students, or even allocate limited places to home and international students separately?

More places are given to local students.
Fee status may impact on your offer potential but 'passport' or nationality will not.
You can use your British passport, but it'll make no difference to the bucket you're selected from unless you have a U.K address to go with it, and you have to use the address where you reside. This being said, depending on the uni and the course you want to study, you do sometimes have a greater chance of getting in when applying from abroad because your International fees are more than welcomed. If you look at each school's web site for the subject that interests you it may give a breakdown of the number of places available for home and international applicants which will enable you to apply strategically.
Original post by HoldThisL

There will be set quotas for Home/Overseas fee payers for each course or subject area.
Original post by nj888
More places are given to local students.

Depends on which course. Look at vet med at RVC!!
Reply 7
Original post by Nobody2u
Depends on which course. Look at vet med at RVC!!

Data Science at LSE and UCL
Look at their admissions statements on their web sites, but as far as I remember both are International "friendly" ! Apparently in 2018/19 68% of LSE's students were International.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest