What are my chances their romance will fail

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
A girl I matched with on a dating app and I've been messaging for over a month, yesterday she told me she met someone at the Isle of Wight festival at the weekend. However, bc they only just met I asked her out for a drink anyway. She said to let her have a think bc she doesn't like feeling like she's seeing two people at once. The other guy lives 160 miles away, I asked when are they seeing each other again and she said in a couple of weeks, and with meeting at a music festival; with all of that in mind what do people reckon of my chances she'll stick with him or meet me to give me a chance?
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
She’s already booked two dates with him
And if that fails she’ll use you as a plan b
Would you want that?
Anonymous #1
Well I haven't met her yet so we don't even know if we'll like each other in real life yet.
Plus right now I'm just looking for something casual.
That's why it doesn't bother me if she sees him and we potentially hang out too.
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I wouldn't bank on hoping their relationship is going to fail. It also doesn't set a very good precedent that you would hope for bad things to happen in the life of someone you supposedly care about.

Move on and find someone else.
Last edited by 1582; 3 weeks ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 1582)
I wouldn't bank on hoping their relationship is going to fail. It also doesn't set a very good precedent that you would hope for bad things to happen in the life of someone you supposedly care about.

Move on and find someone else.
If things have got that serious that fast after they just met for the first time at the weekend then I don't understand why she wouldn't just straight up tell me no. Rather than telling me she'll see how she feels over the next couple of days.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (10)
55.56%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (1)
5.56%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (3)
16.67%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (1)
5.56%
I haven't started researching yet (0)
0%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
16.67%

Watched Threads