Darryl. s
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I saw lots of people resitting in Biology and chemistry in the general thread but no physics discussions so thought to create this so we can talk about the physics exams. Hope you guys are getting on well with revision
4rjun
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey
I'm also resitting Physics (AQA) - engineering option. How are you getting on with revision?
uferas
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
does anyone have a clue as to what they could be basing the autumn papers off?

are they creating new papers or using old papers? Did the gov even have the time to make new ones??
Darryl. s
Rep:
?
(Original post by 4rjun)
Hey
I'm also resitting Physics (AQA) - engineering option. How are you getting on with revision?
Yeah it's going well thanks, I'm doing engineering as well. Just mainly doing exam questions now. I'll probably start doing the past papers next week cos I like to leave them quite late. What grade are you hoping to get?
Darryl. s
Rep:
?
(Original post by uferas)
does anyone have a clue as to what they could be basing the autumn papers off?

are they creating new papers or using old papers? Did the gov even have the time to make new ones??
They are making new papers- like they did last autumn, I assume. I am pretty sure that's the case because otherwise it's unfair like this summer, some ppl would have access to old papers. Not too sure how they can be making the grade boundary though, but hopefully in line with this summer's grades cos then that will be fair.
4rjun
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Darryl. s)
Yeah it's going well thanks, I'm doing engineering as well. Just mainly doing exam questions now. I'll probably start doing the past papers next week cos I like to leave them quite late. What grade are you hoping to get?
Hoping to get the A I need for Warwick but feel a B will be more likely wbu?
Darryl. s
Rep:
?
(Original post by 4rjun)
Hoping to get the A I need for Warwick but feel a B will be more likely wbu?
Same, I needed an A for warwick maths but got a B in the end, so hopefully I can at least improve it to an A this time.
dfsy42
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 4rjun)
Hey
AQA here too, I'm doing turning points though. How are you feeling about paper 1?
Darryl. s
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by dfsy42)
AQA here too, I'm doing turning points though. How are you feeling about paper 1?
I hope the 6 marker will be a numerical one rather than an explaining one.
4rjun
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Feeling alright - I suppose it's year 12 content which I'm ok at. Just hope the paper is easier than last year's
4rjun
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
How do you guys revise paper 1? Do you just do loads of practice questions?
dfsy42
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 4rjun)
How do you guys revise paper 1? Do you just do loads of practice questions?
I'm doing mainly practice questions now but still going through flashcards for definitions just to be sure. Physicsmathstutor is my go to when I want to do questions on a certain topic currently doing electricity which is my worst for this paper.
dfsy42
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I hope the 6 marker will be a numerical one rather than an explaining one.
Yeh me too I much prefer numerical questions than written ones.
4rjun
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm doing mainly practice questions now but still going through flashcards for definitions just to be sure. Physicsmathstutor is my go to when I want to do questions on a certain topic currently doing electricity which is my worst for this paper.
Yes electricity is my worst - I much prefer waves and mechanics which I was taught by a separate teacher
Darryl. s
Rep:
?
Will there be any RPAs on paper 1? I know there will be on paper 3 but it can still come up on paper 1 right??
dfsy42
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Will there be any RPAs on paper 1? I know there will be on paper 3 but it can still come up on paper 1 right??
They can come up where you have to do numerical questions based on a practical set up but I think they give you everything you need in the question it isn't based off practical knowledge. Or at least in papers I've done thats how it has been.
Darryl. s
Rep:
?
They can come up where you have to do numerical questions based on a practical set up but I think they give you everything you need in the question it isn't based off practical knowledge. Or at least in papers I've done thats how it has been.
Ah okay, thanks
dfsy42
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Do we actually have 6 markers for paper 1? none of the papers I've done so far have had them.
Darryl. s
Rep:
?
Do we actually have 6 markers for paper 1? none of the papers I've done so far have had them.
Nah but there are a few 4 markers and 5 markers. Plus I often see like two 3 markers one after the other explaining stuff, kind of a six marker to me lol.
Darryl. s
Rep:
?
Guys I think some vibration stuff is gonna come up tomorrow ie forced vibration, resonance stuff cos i have not seen them on any past papers recently. The 2020 one was a circular motion. And haven't come across any materials stuff, maybe some density question or about the graph like yield points and those things. 2020 had path difference so doubt that will come up again this year. Some weird electricity question last year I wish they are simpler tomorrow XD
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (6)
66.67%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (0)
0%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (0)
0%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (0)
0%
I haven't started researching yet (0)
0%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
33.33%

Watched Threads