Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Any feedback on this Stanhope House, Portsmouth accommodation would be really helpful.Just deciding between choices of greetham ,chaucer and Stanhope.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Any feedback on this Stanhope House, Portsmouth accommodation would be really helpful.Just deciding between choices of greetham ,chaucer and Stanhope.
Hi!

Stanhope is private accommodation. This just means they're not associated as much with the university. They are usually studio flats so you won't be sharing with anyone else, so they can be less sociable.
Greetham and Chaucer are university associated, so you'll get more support through these halls, as each university hall has a residential team to help students adjust to university living and will host events for them too. These halls also received more financial support when COVID hit and students were provided refunds, as they were no longer staying in their halls.

I hope this helps!
Best wishes
Chloe - Official Student Rep
Last edited by University of Portsmouth Student Rep; 8 months ago
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep)
Hi!

Stanhope is private accommodation. This just means they're not associated as much with the university. They are usually studio flats so you won't be sharing with anyone else, so they can be less sociable.
Greetham and Chaucer are university associated, so you'll get more support through these halls, as each university hall has a residential team to help students adjust to university living and will host events for them too. These halls also received more financial support when COVID hit and students were provided refunds, as they were no longer staying in their halls.

I hope this helps!
Best wishes
Chloe - Official Student Rep
Thank you,have opted to stay at Greetham .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
26.58%
As I expected (24)
30.38%
Harder (29)
36.71%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
6.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed