TheStressMachime
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I heard there's an admission test this year but I can't seem to find anything about it or how I can prepare for it.
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
There hasn't been any information released beyond the one sentence on the course page on the website, unfortunately.
TheStressMachime
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Sinnoh)
There hasn't been any information released beyond the one sentence on the course page on the website, unfortunately.
Has there ever been admission exams for physics at imperial or has it only been a thing recently?
Sinnoh
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by TheStressMachime)
Has there ever been admission exams for physics at imperial or has it only been a thing recently?
This year's the first time
user342
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I heard there's an admission test this year but I can't seem to find anything about it or how I can prepare for it.
I think it's supposed to be just GCSE/AS maths and physics, and it's not really supposed to be a test that you can/are supposed to prepare for.
Sinnoh
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
They have given a little more information about it here: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/physics/s...ws-and-offers/
TheStressMachime
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by Sinnoh)
They have given a little more information about it here: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/physics/s...ws-and-offers/
Thanks!

Also, I'm confused about the acceptance rates. How come more people get accepted into Msci rather than Bsc? Surely the acceptance rate for either should be the same.
user342
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Thanks!

Also, I'm confused about the acceptance rates. How come more people get accepted into Msci rather than Bsc? Surely the acceptance rate for either should be the same.
Where did you find the acceptance rates?
Sinnoh
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by user342)
Where did you find the acceptance rates?
Imperial publish them (look for their Transparency page), and you can find them on admissionreport.com too.

Thanks!

Not sure - maybe people with higher grades are more inclined to apply for MSci?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (239)
57.45%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (53)
12.74%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (46)
11.06%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (36)
8.65%
I haven't started researching yet (24)
5.77%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
4.33%

Watched Threads