The Student Room Group

NGDP 2022 (Cohort 24)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bigeyeshijabi
Omg this is exactly me. Got my 2nd choice and 6th choice. My first choice was my resident borough! This wasn’t Brent by any chance was it? 😭

No, it was Hackney. I was also disappointed with Islington because they are a neighbouring council. I'm still grateful and happy to get two interviews though.
Original post by KerimT
No, it was Hackney. I was also disappointed with Islington because they are a neighbouring council. I'm still grateful and happy to get two interviews though.

Yep me too! My second choice is fantastic so really happy :smile:
Has anyone been given more than one London council to interview with? I've been given 2 interviews with councils both outside of London, one being my 4th choice and another not being on my preference list. Just feeling quite deflated that although I had put multiple London councils on my list and stating it as my top region choice I haven't even been given just one interview with a London council. Trying to look at it positively and I understand London has a high demand but I can't help feeling slightly like it has been a bit of a waste of time/effort and left a bit disappointed.
I only got one interview - West Midlands Combined Authority. I was expecting to get interviews at the likes of Newport and North Somerset as I thought they'd be undersubscribed. Did anyone else apply there?
Original post by mm01934
Has anyone been given more than one London council to interview with? I've been given 2 interviews with councils both outside of London, one being my 4th choice and another not being on my preference list. Just feeling quite deflated that although I had put multiple London councils on my list and stating it as my top region choice I haven't even been given just one interview with a London council. Trying to look at it positively and I understand London has a high demand but I can't help feeling slightly like it has been a bit of a waste of time/effort and left a bit disappointed.

I've been given interviews with LGA (my first choice) and Enfield, so technically two London based ones. Enfield was a surprise as it wasn't on my list but I did have 3 other London boroughs on my list so I guess that's where that has come from. Does seem unlucky that you haven't got any London ones - I was kinda expecting one London and one North East as those were the others I had on my list.
I applied to B'ham and WMCA and got the latter, although that is my only interview
Original post by inmyelaphant
Has anyone heard from councils in the West Midlands? Birmingham city, WMCA, wolverhampton etc.
Original post by Shadow118
I've been given interviews with LGA (my first choice) and Enfield, so technically two London based ones. Enfield was a surprise as it wasn't on my list but I did have 3 other London boroughs on my list so I guess that's where that has come from. Does seem unlucky that you haven't got any London ones - I was kinda expecting one London and one North East as those were the others I had on my list.

Well done that's amazing! Yeah LGA was my first choice as well, I can imagine it was a popular one. Mine are both within the South West which is fine as it was my 2nd choice region which is why I think my interviews have turned out this way. But I'm surprised like you said, as 5/6 of my choices were in London.
Original post by milancampion
I applied to B'ham and WMCA and got the latter, although that is my only interview

I also applied to those two and they were my top choices. But only got one interview for black country transport.
Original post by inmyelaphant
I also applied to those two and they were my top choices. But only got one interview for black country transport.

That's odd, I think I put WMCA 4th, Birmingham 2nd and BCT 5th if I remember rightly
Original post by clare988
I got two London councils, one inner and one outer. I only applied for London councils so I guess that's why? Good luck with wherever you end up!

Yeah that's also my guess too. I remember seeing somewhere the ngdp advised putting down two non-London councils so I put down one non-London, but looking back I should have just stuck with only London.
Original post by zaiddd9
Does anyone know if the councils only accept one candidate after the interviews or if a few candidates get selected?

It depends on the council. A lot of them provided information on the knowledge hub about how many candidates they take on and for which areas
Hi guys, glad to know you guys are getting interviews. Unfortunately, I haven't received any email from any council as of yet and I've checked my Junk folder as well. Today I got the email from NGDP saying all the interviews are already allocated and I'm getting kind of anxious.
Original post by mfunk007
Hi guys, glad to know you guys are getting interviews. Unfortunately, I haven't received any email from any council as of yet and I've checked my Junk folder as well. Today I got the email from NGDP saying all the interviews are already allocated and I'm getting kind of anxious.

I'm pretty sure everyone gets at least one interview so I'd get in touch with the NGDP and ask.
Original post by mfunk007

Hi there,

I agree with the post above! Everyone who has made it to this stage should get atleast one interview. I think this maybe a mistake?
When is everyone’s interviews? I’m just trying to figure out when everyone will be done with interviews and when we can expect to hear outcomes
Original post by sapphire66
When is everyone’s interviews? I’m just trying to figure out when everyone will be done with interviews and when we can expect to hear outcomes

Says on the email you’ll hear back by 8th July
Original post by sapphire66

I think I remember from the form we filled in that the availability period for interviews was up until around 22nd/23rd June? So I guess that'll be the last interviews and yeah, as the last post said I think we should all hear by 8th July at the latest.
Hi guys, has anyone had an interview yet? How did it go?!
Original post by bigeyeshijabi
Hi guys, has anyone had an interview yet? How did it go?!

I got one in two days - I don't know what to expect so it's a little worrying
Original post by KerimT
I got one in two days - I don't know what to expect so it's a little worrying

I've had one already, and it was really nothing to worry about :smile: the interviewers made me feel really comfortable and because of that it was quite an enjoyable experience- good luck everyone!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending