Does my brother deserve any sympathy?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
He failed a few of his exams in a levels but before he got his results and couldn't go university. Before he got them he was always judgemental saying people who don't do exams or don't pass exams will fail in life and he was making people like that feel like losers.
His attitude towards these people was shocking. He's passed some, I don't really know if it predicted grades or he took them but he failed a few. Some people are unable to pass these exams or even do them in the first place for, a lot of reasons, personal etc and he was being really bitter about it.

He's not been happy at all recently. I somewhat thinks he deserves some of this because let's say he passed his exam then went off to university then he had peers who failed he would be being so judgemental calling then names and being so bitter. Now it's him in the situation he knows what it's like. I don't fully thinks he deserves it but I just think this would teach him a lesson.
username4986690
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No.
Anonymous #1
????
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No, I don't think that he deserves any sympathy.
Failure is a part of life and always provides some valuable life experience to learn from.
Moonlight Rain
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Definitely doesn't deserve any sympathy. He's one of those people who chat **** about someone's struggles just because they haven't suffered it and would have a completely different attitude if they did experience it. This should be a lesson to him
Anonymous #1
(Original post by londonmyst)
No, I don't think that he deserves any sympathy.
Failure is a part of life and always provides some valuable life experience to learn from.
(Original post by Moonlight Rain)
Definitely doesn't deserve any sympathy. He's one of those people who chat **** about someone's struggles just because they haven't suffered it and would have a completely different attitude if they did experience it. This should be a lesson to him
I think he should deserve sympathy if he didn't have that attitude but he literally went round telling people that they'll fail in life if they mess up exams
Moonlight Rain
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I think he should deserve sympathy if he didn't have that attitude but he literally went round telling people that they'll fail in life if they mess up exams
Idk what you want me to tell you
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Moonlight Rain)
Idk what you want me to tell you
I'm just saying
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
Well this is a teachable moment for your brother, as a siblong maybe instead of sympathy per se, you support him in trying to be more considerate of others struggles.
My advice would be a tiny bit different if he wasnt your brother. Comisserations to him!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
Well this is a teachable moment for your brother, as a siblong maybe instead of sympathy per se, you support him in trying to be more considerate of others struggles.
My advice would be a tiny bit different if he wasnt your brother. Comisserations to him!
Hopefully he'll learn that, you won't fail in life for failing a few exams
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (213)
56.8%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (50)
13.33%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (41)
10.93%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (33)
8.8%
I haven't started researching yet (22)
5.87%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (16)
4.27%

Watched Threads