The Student Room Group

Essex or reapply for Birmingham? help!

Basically have a place to go Essex and starts in 2 weeks for law and crim but starting to really doubt and kinda wanna go uni of Birmingham has better city and rep overall

And if I go Essex I would commute and worried this would hinder my uni experience as I may not make much friends but if I move birm then my student dept would double cause I’d have to take maintainace loan

Also I already deferred so by time I start uni and reapply to to birm I’d be 20 don’t know just seems old compared to bunch of 18 year Olds…

Would birms better overall reputation affect my future prospects a great deal compared to Essex? I know more comes into play when recruiting graduates and all..
Advice plzzz would would other ppl do? Just stick to Essex or reapply for birm hoping to get in?
If you meet the entry requirements for Birmingham definitely apply there, 20 isnt that old, people on gap years will be 19 so youre barely any different to them.

I think if you're commuting you will probably find it a bit more difficult to get the uni experience so you would probably have a better uni experience at Birmingham. The biggest advantage of Bmh is that its in a large city, so you've got lots of work experience and summer placement opportunities that have good links to the uni. Therefore getting experience may be easier.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending