Insulate Britain leader walks off GMB

Watch
Starship Trooper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4zpTIrx6uAA

Absolutely hilarious interview : he looked and sounded more like he was part of Britain First more than the green party - I will now henceforth refer to him as "the green gammon"

In any case to be fair to him I think unless he can afford to insulate his own home (which looking at him is probably not the case) then that isn't actually hypocritical.

Additionally if he is right and we're all going to die because of climate change then I do think he is justified to some extent in that the ends "justifies the means" even if hundreds of people die. He was basically trying to make that argument but tried to soft-pedal it, I think he should have just come out and said that instead of pussyfooting around it.

But that said he came across as unlikeable at best and though his groups actions are great at getting publicity it is almost entirely bad.

Also at the end when they were calling his group terrorists..., amusingly he sounded exactly like a Al Qaida spokesperson I saw ages ago who was basically advocating for suicide bombings and I wouldn't be surprised if one of these Muppets did go on to do that...

Just goes to show the point I keep hammering on about that these progressive types are rapidly turning into a cult where climate change is this apocalyptic style event
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Can we get a 'cbf to watch the video' cliff note summary of his position and arguments?
Starship Trooper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
Can we get a 'cbf to watch the video' cliff note summary of his position and arguments?
I basically gave it lol.

He said we can't afford to wait for the government to do something and they were prepared to put his and other people's lives at risk for "the greater good" (,he didn't say that but he was basically implying it)

He also said that Churchill wasn't popular when he warned everyone about ze Nazis
Djtoodles
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It was a truly entertaining to watch him go down in flames. As with all those types his knowledge on the subject left a lot to be desired and it was put on display for everyone to see.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (46)
13.37%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (93)
27.03%
I'm a bit unsure (60)
17.44%
I'm finding things difficult (115)
33.43%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (30)
8.72%

Watched Threads