Naima16
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I'm thinking of doing software engineering at uni. Can someone tell me how many languages you learn at uni. Also, I heard the drop out rate for computer science degrees is quite high, is it because they're really difficult or do people not put in enough effort?
cvgk
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Which university are you thinking to go? Every one is different don't look the other student's data focus on software engineering you can do it.In university probably you learn two or three languages you can start html ,css , javascript from now.If you want to be a software engineer you need to know front end languages plus back end languages plus sql.
lppk
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Naima16)
I'm thinking of doing software engineering at uni. Can someone tell me how many languages you learn at uni. Also, I heard the drop out rate for computer science degrees is quite high, is it because they're really difficult or do people not put in enough effort?
Hello, I am thinking of doing cs and I also heard the drop rate is really high. I was told it is because people don't know what they are getting into, people who have never programmed before do it and then end up hating programming so drop out and also aren't prepared for the math element. From my research, the number of languages you learn depends on the uni and the classes they teach. This is for cs but I say its almost the exact same for software engineering
Naima16
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by cvgk)
Which university are you thinking to go? Every one is different don't look the other student's data focus on software engineering you can do it.In university probably you learn two or three languages you can start html ,css , javascript from now.If you want to be a software engineer you need to know front end languages plus back end languages plus sql.
I'm thinking of applying to edinburgh uni, glasgow uni and st andrews uni. I have basic knowledge of python, SQL, html and css
cvgk
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Naima16)
I'm thinking of applying to edinburgh uni, glasgow uni and st andrews uni. I have basic knowledge of python, SQL, html and css
that sounds good, good luck ...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (218)
56.62%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (50)
12.99%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (44)
11.43%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (33)
8.57%
I haven't started researching yet (23)
5.97%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (17)
4.42%

Watched Threads