Andreuk
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi,
What are SFE playing at? My son is trying to cancel his maintenance loan and tuition fees loan as last week he had to make the decision to defer due to accommodation issues at York.
He has contacted on Facebook (now can’t reply for some reason), Twitter takes 48
Hours to respond, phone number is constantly busy (probably turned off), no email address….. what can he do?!!!!

I understand that they are probably busy but with no communication how on earth is he supposed to sort anything out? He is due to start on Monday and the university have deferred his attendance but I’m sure this inability to cancel his loans is going to cause major problems next year when he tries to apply for his loans.

This is disgraceful
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Andreuk)
Hi,
What are SFE playing at? My son is trying to cancel his maintenance loan and tuition fees loan as last week he had to make the decision to defer due to accommodation issues at York.
He has contacted on Facebook (now can’t reply for some reason), Twitter takes 48
Hours to respond, phone number is constantly busy (probably turned off), no email address….. what can he do?!!!!

I understand that they are probably busy but with no communication how on earth is he supposed to sort anything out? He is due to start on Monday and the university have deferred his attendance but I’m sure this inability to cancel his loans is going to cause major problems next year when he tries to apply for his loans.

This is disgraceful
Hi!
Sorry to hear it's been so hard for you to get through to them.
You should be able to just cancel your application online.
If you login to your student finance account and click expand on your application then their should be an option to cancel the application.
Or you can fill out a form and post it to them (but this is the slower option).
You don't actually have to contact them to cancel it (unless cancelling online doesn't work).
Hope this helps!
Michaela - UoP Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (298)
57.31%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (73)
14.04%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (59)
11.35%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (44)
8.46%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
5%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
3.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed