lkjhgfdsabbie
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi there! I'm a mature student, starting on Monday at the age of 25.

I know there is no such thing as 'too old' to begin studies but it still feels so daunting knowing I might not get on as well with those younger than me because we are in different areas of our lives. I've met some lovely people already, but was wondering if anyone else is starting at my age?

I'm also studying Combined Honours; Politics and Philosophy.
Arden University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by lkjhgfdsabbie)
Hi there! I'm a mature student, starting on Monday at the age of 25.

I know there is no such thing as 'too old' to begin studies but it still feels so daunting knowing I might not get on as well with those younger than me because we are in different areas of our lives. I've met some lovely people already, but was wondering if anyone else is starting at my age?

I'm also studying Combined Honours; Politics and Philosophy.
Hello!

It sounds like a really good subject. I went to University at 21 and found it a little nerve wracking at first but 99% of people were absolutely lovely. I think for post graduate study afterwards you carry your confidence with you from learning previously into the new course. I was one of the youngest doing my PGCE at 24, and also on my MSc Psychology program at 33 which really surprised me - I did take many years out to go and have adventures.

It's important to make University life your own experience and not be drawn in by the stereotype of student loan. I'm sure you will do great!

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador
Jasmmia
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi!

I'm a mature student too (also 25!) starting on Monday (also NCL, which I saw from your posts). I'm studying Politics and IR.

Everyone I've met so far is completely lovely as well, but it's hard to connect when they're so much younger than me. I've been searching for other mature students but haven't had any luck yet. Plus freshers has been meh because partying isn't my thing at all.

Join any societies yet? I've decided on the Creative Writing and Scrapbooking ones.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (213)
56.8%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (50)
13.33%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (41)
10.93%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (33)
8.8%
I haven't started researching yet (22)
5.87%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (16)
4.27%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed