FIA Officer Intelligence Analyst HMRC 2021- civil service job

Watch
Tahmina90
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hello,
I have been invited to a prerecorded video interview, they said it would be strength based,
I have no idea what they would be asking
Anyone had any experience in this, if you could share, would be great!
Thank you!
Last edited by Tahmina90; 3 weeks ago
Mohka89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi, look at the job description and the civil service strengths and think about what the recruiter will be looking for in an ideal candidate. Also, in the interview it would help to give a short example of the strength they ask about
Onger
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Tahmina90)
Hello,
I have been invited to a prerecorded video interview, they said it would be strength based,
Thank you!
I believe they will look for, how we approach to a problem and how we solve it, We need to give real life experience and also can mention about our strength and source of our motivation.
Karim768
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Best of luck
MJHawke
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Tahmina90)
Hello,
Thank you!
I've also been invited. My interview will be next week.
I still haven't started getting prepared, but I'll just work with the "Success Profiles" doc they provide.

Tahmina90 When is your interview? If I do mine first, I'll give you pointers. I don't have a set date, but I got an email saying it could be between the 4th and 8th.
L_Fields
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
hi Ive got this interview too, any help would be appreciated
ACnewbie
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I did the questions today. All pretty easy. Not on success profiles. They're about whether your personality is a good fit for the role. Obviously some basic examples help but I wouldn't say you need to use STAR method. Just TR lol. You've only got 2 minutes for each so it wasn't too much time
L_Fields
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ACnewbie)
I did the questions today. All pretty easy. Not on success profiles. They're about whether your personality is a good fit for the role. Obviously some basic examples help but I wouldn't say you need to use STAR method. Just TR lol. You've only got 2 minutes for each so it wasn't too much time
what questions did they ask u...
ACnewbie
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Mohka89)
Hi, look at the job description and the civil service strengths and think about what the recruiter will be looking for in an ideal candidate. Also, in the interview it would help to give a short example of the strength they ask about
Basically this was what it was. Don't want to give away the exact questions but look on the job advert at the skills (not competencies) they want from you and that will be what questions are about
Karim768
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Has anyone received an update since completing the strengths interview?
ACnewbie
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Not heard anything yet but the interviews aren't over till the 8th so presumably they will wait till then and rank us
Rosemary1964
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hello, has anyone got any tips for this interview? I still haven’t done mine as I’m a little unsure how to prepare for it. I am used giving competency based questions so not preparing answers to possible questions is making me nervous. Worried my mind will just go blank 😬

Do you get time to think before giving the answers?
Last edited by Rosemary1964; 1 week ago
ACnewbie
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Rosemary1964)
Hello, has anyone got any tips for this interview? I still haven’t done mine as I’m a little unsure how to prepare for it. I am used giving competency based questions so not preparing answers to possible questions is making me nervous. Worried my mind will just go blank 😬

Do you get time to think before giving the answers?
You get only 15 seconds to prepare and you cannot rerecord. There were only three graded questions. Just remember to give an example of each strength. Only two minutes each answer so not like you can fit a lot in. They are based on fit for the role so you can't go wrong just being honest. I was nervous beforehand too but they give you ample opportunity to rerecord an example question and make sure you are happy with your setup
Rosemary1964
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Not long at all then! I’m sure I will be able to answer them fine but I like to be prepared.

Which strengths are the questions based on? Is it all of them or just the two listed on the vacancy?
ACnewbie
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ACnewbie)
You get only 15 seconds to prepare and you cannot rerecord. There were only three graded questions. Just remember to give an example of each strength. Only two minutes each answer so not like you can fit a lot in. They are based on fit for the role so you can't go wrong just being honest. I was nervous beforehand too but they give you ample opportunity to rerecord an example question and make sure you are happy with your setup
It was broadly on each of evaluating information, planning, and learning
Last edited by ACnewbie; 1 week ago
Rosemary1964
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thank you
Tahmina90
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello everyone,
When I go into the review there is a message saying your interview slot is booked, you will shortly receive email regarding it?
Is it related to the main interview or the one i was invited to?
I never noticed what was written before as I mostly got email regarding the updates
Karim768
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Same here - it’s from the first video interview.
Tahmina90
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Oh, It is still there! I got excited for a moment!
Hamzah.99
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Did anyone get asked to show identification? It said a minimum of 3 but i was running around and only managed to get my building pass
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (53)
14.21%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (94)
25.2%
I'm a bit unsure (66)
17.69%
I'm finding things difficult (128)
34.32%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (32)
8.58%

Watched Threads