The Student Room Group

switching courses. Is this the right decision

Been in college for a few days now, and go 3 times a week. Im currently doing a new BTEC course in E-Sports, but i want to switch after just a week, is this possible? and is this the right thing to do? I want to do creative media as i have a genuine interest for that and i would like to go to Uni studying tv and film instead of E-sports, where i dont see a particular future with that.

Choosing my current course was a rushed decision and I got too excited as I assumed it was just about playing games.
Original post by Anonymous
Been in college for a few days now, and go 3 times a week. Im currently doing a new BTEC course in E-Sports, but i want to switch after just a week, is this possible? and is this the right thing to do? I want to do creative media as i have a genuine interest for that and i would like to go to Uni studying tv and film instead of E-sports, where i dont see a particular future with that.

Choosing my current course was a rushed decision and I got too excited as I assumed it was just about playing games.

Defo switch.
It hasn't met ur expectations
U r more into creative media as u said
I jus dropped out of pharamcy at uni coz it didnt meet my expectations
Jus do what makes u happy

Yes 100% do it. E-sports at college will get you nowhere. Creative media can open doors to uni, even if it’s onto a foundation degree if you do something else too, or an apprenticeship.
Reply 3
Original post by tecna
Defo switch.
It hasn't met ur expectations
U r more into creative media as u said
I jus dropped out of pharamcy at uni coz it didnt meet my expectations
Jus do what makes u happy

was it hard to convince the uni to drop pharmacy
was it hard to convince the uni to drop pharmacy

not at all
jus sent an email