why do people pretend needles arent painful

Watch
HucktheForde
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
getting stabbed by a needle during vaccination is painful for me but when i share my experience everyone calls me a baby/wuss. But in reality it would hurt otherwise medieval knights wouldnt use swords to stab each other. But everyone pretends its not painful in order to avoid being called a wuss. Why cant people be honest and just admit getting stabbed violently by a needle hurts?
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by HucktheForde)
getting stabbed by a needle during vaccination is painful for me but when i share my experience everyone calls me a baby/wuss. But in reality it would hurt otherwise medieval knights wouldnt use swords to stab each other. But everyone pretends its not painful in order to avoid being called a wuss. Why cant people be honest and just admit getting stabbed violently by a needle hurts?
People's experiences are different. My first vaccination was so painless I actually doubted that I had even been vaccinated but the second was slightly painful like a sharp scratch. Not really comparable to being stabbed though :rolleyes:
sufys12
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It doesn't hurt most of the time. The last time I got vaccinated the needle was out of my arm before I knew it was in my arm. Also, swords would hurt infinitely more than a needle.
Last edited by sufys12; 4 weeks ago
kkkish
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Pain is relative. Needles do hurt, I agree, but they hurt less than other things, and some people have a higher pain tolerance than others.

It's all up to how much you dislike the pain from a needle - it's a bigger issue for some than others.
Zarek
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I guess people’s tolerance to pain varies
Obolinda
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
hmm
yeh ig it's annoying when people say the injections don't hurt or that you'll definitely won't feel the vaccine at all !!! when for a lot of people they would at least feel the sharp object penetrating their muscle
CosmicApathy1
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The needle really doesn’t hurt tbh.
Chronoscope
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Personally I found it didn't hurt, the fitst I ddin't even feel go in. I am used to having blood tests though so maybe that's why.
username4986690
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I have always found getting stabbed with needles painful.
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Because it's relatively painless, trivial, not worth mentioning and on a par with pinching your skin. By the time you can complain about it, it's already over.
CountBread
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Because it doesn't, it can range from completely painless (legit not feeling it) to very mild pain. Perhaps not everyone experiences pain the same way though so it's not something we can talk about really.
Caz1234567
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
When I got the vaccine it literally felt like a scratch
Abilash K
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Pain is a very subjective thing. So perhaps it does hurt you, while others feel nothing. Personally, I don't quite enjoy injections, but that's almost entirely because you know that you'll be stabbed and it's the anticipation that's the worst part. The needle itself feels like nothing.

On a less serious note, I highly doubt that a vaccine needle feels the same as being run through with sword
JWestwood-125
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It depends how it's done. My second covid jab was barely any pain at all as the person who did it was so skillful. My mum barely had any pain either. I use emla cream as my skins is sensitive to the friction of needles. If you are getting a jab, relax your body and avoid tension. That's another way to reduce pain when having jabs. Is that OK?
Wise Goldie
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Chronoscope)
Personally I found it didn't hurt, the fitst I ddin't even feel go in. I am used to having blood tests though so maybe that's why.
oh my too i have loads blood tests so needles im used to i been having blood tests about 10 years now and they no longer hurt
mnot
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Its like a very mild pinch, yes you feel it but no its not bad (at least in my experience) and its over very quickly.
SirNoodles
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Because for people like me it's not painful
Tammie2345524
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It varies from person to person - all I feel is a cold sensation. And it's definitely not comparable to getting stabbed by a sword, the needles are TINY.
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
As someone who has been poked with a needle and with a sword, the sword was definitely worse.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I didn't feel the first one and the second didn't 'hurt' as much as simply registered as being touched
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (181)
55.52%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (45)
13.8%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (36)
11.04%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (31)
9.51%
I haven't started researching yet (18)
5.52%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
4.6%

Watched Threads