1Misha1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
hi...
I am 15 and i have a boyfriend. we r in a serious relationship but my parents dont understand
we dont let our relationship interrupt our studies.
They have caught us together for like 4 times and scolded me a lott
yesterday i wrote a letter to my dad about what i really feel and he stopped talking to me and my mom is also mad at me
what should i do
Abilash K
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 1Misha1)
hi...
I am 15 and i have a boyfriend. we r in a serious relationship but my parents dont understand
yesterday i wrote a letter to my dad about what i really feel and he stopped talking to me and my mom is also mad at me
what should i do
I'm probably not the type of person you should be taking relationship advice from, but if I may offer my two cents, I think you ought to have a real discussion with your parents. Ask them why they feel concerned and then explain why those concerns are misguided. Is their problem with your boyfriend, or do they disapprove of you dating altogether?
ReadingMum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 1Misha1)
hi...
what should i do
It depends really on what you call a serious relationship. If you are just hanging out together that is one thing - if it is a physical (sex) relationship then I would also be concerned.
You won't want to hear it but you are very young to be talking about serious relationships. You will probably look back to 3 or 4 years time and not recognise the 15 year old you. Your boyfriend may grow up in the same way and you may still be together but it is not that common for a couple who get together that young to last the distance. This means that there will be a big breakup/heartache probably right in the middle of important exams. Maybe dial it back a bit.
PonchoKid
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ReadingMum)
It depends really on what you call a serious relationship. If you are just hanging out together that is one thing - if it is a physical (sex) relationship then I would also be concerned.
You won't want to hear it but you are very young to be talking about serious relationships. You will probably look back to 3 or 4 years time and not recognise the 15 year old you. Your boyfriend may grow up in the same way and you may still be together but it is not that common for a couple who get together that young to last the distance. This means that there will be a big breakup/heartache probably right in the middle of important exams. Maybe dial it back a bit.
Why would you be concerned about them having sex?
Privididng they are both 15, fully aware of the consequences, and both fully consent then there is nothing wrong legally with them having sex...
ReadingMum
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
just because he is unlikely to be charged with having sex with a minor (assuming he is also a minor) that doesn't mean it is an age appropriate thing to be doing. A 15 year old is not that likely to be "fully aware of the consequences" - possibility of pregnancy for example. Kids of that age think that they are invincible and are completely capable of ignoring anything they don't want to think about.

It is a criminal offence for anyone who is 16 or older to have any kind of sexual contact with someone aged 13, 14 or 15. It is also a criminal offence for both girls and boys aged 13, 14 and 15 to have consensual sex with anyone else aged 13, 14 or 15.
PonchoKid
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
just because he is unlikely to be charged with having sex with a minor (assuming he is also a minor) that doesn't mean it is an age appropriate thing to be doing. A 15 year old is not that likely to be "fully aware of the consequences" - possibility of pregnancy for example. Kids of that age think that they are invincible and are completely capable of ignoring anything they don't want to think about.

It is a criminal offence for anyone who is 16 or older to have any kind of sexual contact with someone aged 13, 14 or 15.<b> It is also a criminal offence for both girls and boys aged 13, 14 and 15 to have consensual sex with anyone else aged 13, 14 or 15.</b>
If both parties are both under 16 and of similar age they will not be prosicuted providing it is consensual on both sides.
It is a grey area but having done sexual health training thats the guidelines
ReadingMum
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by PonchoKid)
If both parties are both under 16 and of similar age they will not be prosicuted providing it is consensual on both sides.
It is a grey area but having done sexual health training thats the guidelines
that may indeed be the guidelines - what I quoted was the law under the Sexual Offences Act 2009 which doesn't have grey areas.
PonchoKid
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
that may indeed be the guidelines - what I quoted was the law under the Sexual Offences Act 2009 which doesn't have grey areas.
https://www.themix.org.uk/crime-and-...sent-9106.html

Edit to add about gillick competence and frazer guidelines
https://learning.nspcc.org.uk/child-...er-guidelines/
Last edited by PonchoKid; 4 weeks ago
shaherbano4
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
just because he is unlikely to be charged with having sex with a minor (assuming he is also a minor) that doesn't mean it is an age appropriate thing to be doing. A 15 year old is not that likely to be https://www.themix.org.uk/crime-and-...sent-9106.html
Last edited by shaherbano4; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (179)
55.94%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (44)
13.75%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (35)
10.94%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (30)
9.38%
I haven't started researching yet (18)
5.63%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (14)
4.38%

Watched Threads