The Student Room Group

Can I study at uni and do nvq in the same time

Hello everyone :smile:
I am currently undertaking a bachelor's degree and would want to enrol for a one-year nvq course for a different qualification. Do you think that this is allowed? Thank you in advance :smile:
I would strongly advise against trying to do a qualification like this on top of full time university study. I don't think there would necessarily be anything directly prohibiting this but you'll simply not have enough time to properly dedicate to both uni and an nvq. Grades would suffer, as would likely your enjoyment of your studies, plus your health if you're overworking yourself trying to do both.

I also wonder why you think you need this nvq on top of your degree? Your degree is likely to carry more weight in the majority of situations post-graduation. Is the nvq in a wildly different field to your undergrad? If so, is it something you're doing for fun/personal enrichment? In which case, don't bother. Or at the very least, wait until you're done with uni and working and can study part time. They'll be lots of other routes to explore your area of interest that don't take away time from uni.

If it's something that you're looking into as a career, I would advise rather looking at getting work experience and internships in that field and researching postgraduate study and grad schemes in the sector.

If the nvq is related to your degree, then the degree level study will be what's of interest to anyone, not the nvq.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending