lunardays
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
so most of my flatmates have already moved in and i see that they have been going out clubbing and drinking every night. however I've never been before so it seems a bit overwhelming for me to go right as i start uni. on top of that, my flatmates don't seem like the type of people I'd get along with anyway. when i move in idk if i should stick to what i feel is right for me or force myself to go out with them just so i won't be seen as boring or isolate myself. i dont knowww
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
You can try tagging along once and if you don’t like the vibe when you’re out you can just make an excuse to leave! No pressure

You might make other friends while out anyway so it’s not all about your flatmates. It’s new to most people at freshers so you’re not unusual with that. It won’t be obvious just go with the flow but don’t be afraid to say no to things like drinking too much etc just say you don’t really feel like it
CatInTheCorner
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by lunardays)
so most of my flatmates have already moved in and i see that they have been going out clubbing and drinking every night. however I've never been before so it seems a bit overwhelming for me to go right as i start uni. on top of that, my flatmates don't seem like the type of people I'd get along with anyway. when i move in idk if i should stick to what i feel is right for me or force myself to go out with them just so i won't be seen as boring or isolate myself. i dont knowww
Try it, like the above post says, keep yourself safe, and if you don't like it, don't go. If you're worried about what they think you can do what I do and help them when they come back. They might be drunk, and that nice friend that once in a while shuffles you to bed when you're wasted is a friend you aren't going to dismiss as "boring.". Don't go too far, you have nothing to make up to them, but I find it makes a nice balance and you bond without spending the evening together.
Nia_L5732
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by lunardays)
Perhaps when you feel up to it, go along with them just for the experience and then decide if it's something you want to do, you shouldn't have to feel like anyone is forcing you because it's your choice. Take it at your own pace, try new things, it's uni after all so enjoy it while you can! You might not have the chance if lockdown happens again.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (124)
86.71%
No (19)
13.29%

Watched Threads