Waterloo Road is returning!

Watch
SpaceLover29
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
After rewatching all 10 series in lockdown I am very happy with this, although I do question how they are planning to return it to Greater Manchester...
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
omd that's great news :eek:
I too rewatched it during lockdown, I first watched it when I was v young so my memory of it was very patchy
Last edited by Obolinda; 3 weeks ago
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Oh, that's potentially ok. Don't think any reboot will top the series that had Jack Rimmer (I don't know his actual name) and Neil Morrissey in it though, that was the best one.
Last edited by ROTL94; 3 weeks ago
SpaceLover29
Rep:
?
(Original post by Obolinda)
omd that's great news :eek:
I too rewatched it during lockdown, I first watched it when I was v young so my memory of it was very patchy
Before rewatching it, I remembered a few things from the later series (and some of what I rememebered was very random) but it was nice to see the entire 10 series together.

It's a shame that Holby City was scrapped for this, but between Holby City and Waterloo Road, I'd much prefer Waterloo Road to be back, especially when Casualty still exists as their medical drama.

The way they have described it here - https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/20...rns-to-the-bbc - does make it seems like they are very much focusing on the modern issues in schools and with teenagers again and hopefully with the 6 year break, there is more than enough potential material to make it feel fresh.
Last edited by SpaceLover29; 3 weeks ago
SpaceLover29
Rep:
?
I do wonder how the writers will explain the school moving from Rochdale, to Greenock, and then back to Greater Manchester again. I'm sure their explanation will be just as realistic as the reason for moving to Scotland was (although I don't actually care if these sorts of storylines are realistic or not).
Obolinda
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by SpaceLover29)
It's a shame that Holby City was scrapped for this, but between Holby City and Waterloo Road, I'd much prefer Waterloo Road to be back, especially when Casualty still exists as their medical drama.
agree. Although im not the greatest fan of the trajectory holby city is going on now anyway though
SpaceLover29
Rep:
?
(Original post by Obolinda)
agree. Although im not the greatest fan of the trajectory holby city is going on now anyway though
I'm loving Holby City right now but I understand that it is extremely unrealistic and for the past few episodes, have left the "medical" part of medical drama behind but that was understandable considering there was a bomb...

I haven't seen Tuesday's episode yet but I really hope Jeni is actually going to get caught out. Very uncomfortable storyline but an important one imo
Obolinda
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by SpaceLover29)
I'm loving Holby City right now but I understand that it is extremely unrealistic and for the past few episodes, have left the "medical" part of medical drama behind but that was understandable considering there was a bomb...

I haven't seen Tuesday's episode yet but I really hope Jeni is actually going to get caught out. Very uncomfortable storyline but an important one imo
Fair. I do still very much find it enjoyable tho.

And yes, I agree w that sentiment. I watched Tuesday's episode. won't spoil it tho ! :teehee:
Moonlight Rain
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Omg when
SpaceLover29
Rep:
?
(Original post by Moonlight Rain)
Omg when
No idea yet. Very few details released apart from this - https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/20...rns-to-the-bbc
jemima0103
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I loved waterloo road. The storylines got weirder as time went on but the first 5 seasons were good. Even though Ackley Bridge was on while I was at secondary I always found WR more relatable for me
SpaceLover29
Rep:
?
(Original post by jemima0103)
I loved waterloo road. The storylines got weirder as time went on but the first 5 seasons were good. Even though Ackley Bridge was on while I was at secondary I always found WR more relatable for me
Ackley Bridge did feel a bit less down-to-earth than WR but still entertaining. The 4th series of Ackley Bridge was a bit less gripping due to its earlier timeslot, but some of the storylines were really good.
Brittle Bones
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Are you absolutely sure?! that was childhood for me
SpaceLover29
Rep:
?
(Original post by Brittle Bones)
Are you absolutely sure?! that was childhood for me
It's definitely returning! I remember growing up with the later series as well (I think Series 6 onwards) and I am so happy it is back!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (150)
54.74%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (38)
13.87%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (31)
11.31%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (26)
9.49%
I haven't started researching yet (16)
5.84%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
4.74%

Watched Threads