Helpp😭 - railcard or rail season ticket

Watch
yasmin123786
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hey, I’m going to be travelling to uclan in train from home and on UCLan’s website there’s two options which is a railcard which gives 1/3rd off ur ticket which is for £30 for the year or there’s an option for a season ticket so like a ticket to buy at a certain price for each week or month or for the year - which one will be cheaper and which one should I buy I’m so confused 😭 there’s also another options which is a flexi season ticket which you pay for and it gives you 8 days of travel in the month and I’m gonna be going in at uni 8 days in the whole month(twice a week) - just to make the decision more difficult 😭
Unknown1232003
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by yasmin123786)
Hey, I’m going to be travelling to uclan in train from home and on UCLan’s website there’s two options which is a railcard which gives 1/3rd off ur ticket which is for £30 for the year or there’s an option for a season ticket so like a ticket to buy at a certain price for each week or month or for the year - which one will be cheaper and which one should I buy I’m so confused 😭 there’s also another options which is a flexi season ticket which you pay for and it gives you 8 days of travel in the month and I’m gonna be going in at uni 8 days in the whole month(twice a week) - just to make the decision more difficult 😭
Im commuting to uclan too and i bought myself a railcard.
anon10459
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
30 quid for the year!
aspiringmdeva
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by anon10459)
30 quid for the year!
the railcard is £30 but you still have to buy a ticket every day! you just save 1/3
anon10459
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by aspiringmdeva)
the railcard is £30 but you still have to buy a ticket every day! you just save 1/3
that makes sense lol
yasmin123786
Rep:
?
(Original post by Unknown1232003)
Im commuting to uclan too and i bought myself a railcard.
Thanks do you think that’s the best offer
yasmin123786
Rep:
?
Do u think that’s the best offer I’m struggling 😭
aspiringmdeva
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Do u think that’s the best offer I’m struggling 😭
go on the trainline- look at the cost of a weekly ticket and look at the cost of a return w/ a railcard, multiple that by 5 (or however many days you’re in each week) and see which is cheaper
Fifi5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
For me, l chose a railcard. I literally calculated what my average travel cost per week would be and compared it to having a travelcard
yasmin123786
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
go on the trainline- look at the cost of a weekly ticket and look at the cost of a return w/ a railcard, multiple that by 5 (or however many days you’re in each week) and see which is cheaper
(Original post by Fifi5)
For me, l chose a railcard. I literally calculated what my average travel cost per week would be and compared it to having a travelcard
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (284)
57.72%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (67)
13.62%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (53)
10.77%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (42)
8.54%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
5.28%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
4.07%

Watched Threads