The Student Room Group

My mum is disappointed in my for not going university

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
What types of jobs are graduates though

Could be quite literally anything depending on your degree and previous experience.
Original post by SmorL
It's 100% up to you whether you waste your years at uni. Its not just about your degree, it's about the people you meet, the connections you make and the ideas you develop. It helps you grow academically but also as a person. What actually is your plan going forwards? It's not much use saving 3 years and then doing nothing with them.

I want to just get an apprenticeship at some point then just save all my money to get a mortgage for a house
Original post by DiddyDec
Could be quite literally anything depending on your degree and previous experience.

Nice
Reply 23
I want to just get an apprenticeship at some point then just save all my money to get a mortgage for a house

That is great, but what is stopping you from doing so now? Why at some point?
Original post by SmorL
That is great, but what is stopping you from doing so now? Why at some point?

I applied for one at vw
You don't have to go to university, but you're going to need better reasons than what you've just said. They're inaccurate and misinformed, and you don't seem to have a plan. If your family wanted you in the family business why are they pressuring you to go to uni?
Reply 26
I applied for one at vw

OK nice, as long as you are doing something that is great. Maybe part of why your mum wants you to go to uni Is so you are financially independant. Are you still living with her? And if so, have you considered paying her rent? If you can afford it, it might make her more accepting of your choices.
She was kind of pressuring me to apply and I didn't want to. She was always bringing information on different universities back and I didn't want to go so kept saying but she wouldn't listen and I said probably literally hundreds of times altogether that I don't want to go. I didnt want to go to save my life. I would rather do nothing all day than go to university and I said this. I don't want to ruin my future by going. She's just disappointed in me like coming home all the time referring to people who I went to school with and comparing them to me that they are off to uni or already there but I don't care.

what about getting into drop shipping ? if you make it you be richer than your former classmates.
She was kind of pressuring me to apply and I didn't want to. She was always bringing information on different universities back and I didn't want to go so kept saying but she wouldn't listen and I said probably literally hundreds of times altogether that I don't want to go. I didnt want to go to save my life. I would rather do nothing all day than go to university and I said this. I don't want to ruin my future by going. She's just disappointed in me like coming home all the time referring to people who I went to school with and comparing them to me that they are off to uni or already there but I don't care.

It's ur choice whether u go or not, ur mum can't force u.
Have u spoken to her to ask why she's so disappointed and given her ur side?
Why don't you want to go and what do you want to do instead?
if you arent ready. Take a gap year get a job and earn some money or apply to school leaver scheme at big 4. Earn good money and you be better paid than your former class mates. They have debt you wont. Plus you be on higher salary than them possibly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending