Best access course for midwifery

Watch this thread
Beelt
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I'm struggling to find a reputable access course that meets the entry requirements of the University I'd like to attend. Can anyone recommend any good access to midwifery courses? Ideally online ones.
Arden University
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Beelt)
I'm struggling to find a reputable access course that meets the entry requirements of the University I'd like to attend. Can anyone recommend any good access to midwifery courses? Ideally online ones.
Beelt
Hello! I've taught on an Access to HE program for 10 years. I can't recommend any specific providers as I work in an F.E college and there is a conflict of interest, but what I would say is it doesn't have to be a bespoke Midwifery pathway you look for. On a Nursing and Midwifery Access program, the students do exactly the same units and assessments regardless of them doing Nursing or Midwifery. The Midwifery route is a little more difficult to progress on because you need a Level 2 in science whereas in Nursing you do not (just English and maths level 2). Be wary of this when applying, because some unscrupulous providers may enrol you even if you don't have the level 2 science.

Access programs in colleges have higher achievement and retention rates due to the face to face contact and support tutorials.

Make sure if you choose online, whichever provider you choose is registered with OFQUAL to deliver qualifications, and also that the course is validated by an awarding body such as Open Awards (who cover most of the North West of the UK)

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (14)
31.11%
Take a gap year (10)
22.22%
Resit my exams (8)
17.78%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (6)
13.33%
I don't know yet (4)
8.89%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
6.67%

Watched Threads