chrissi04
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I seem to have not rescheduled my LNAT exam for Saturday 25th and have 24 hours to get up to scratch - I'm panicking. Can anyone send any help at all? I've done practice tests and essays, etc. but what else can I do?
SmorL
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Make sure you know where you are going and go early. My exam centre was pretty hidden in an apartment building. You don't have to do too much to prepare anyway but maybe you could practice by planning a few questions for the essay.
Last edited by SmorL; 4 weeks ago
chrissi04
Rep:
?
(Original post by SmorL)
Make sure you know where you are going and go early. My exam centre was pretty hidden in an apartment building. You don't have to do too much to prepare anyway but maybe you could practice by planning a few questions for the essay.
Hi, what sort of plans would you recommend? I have a basic essay structure for all questions - do you have any tips?
SmorL
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by chrissi04)
Hi, what sort of plans would you recommend? I have a basic essay structure for all questions - do you have any tips?
I would plan for around 15 minutes, maybe a little more. During planning you ideally want to think up all the arguments you want to use and organise them in a logical way. Then spend the rest of the time on writing them up into an essay. You can write good sentences during the planning stage if you think of them as you plan and then include them into the essay later if they fit in well or change them a little. But you don't want to spend too much time thinking about wording while planning, it's mostly about brainstorming ideas first and thinking about how they fit in together.
chrissi04
Rep:
?
(Original post by SmorL)
I would plan for around 15 minutes, maybe a little more. During planning you ideally want to think up all the arguments you want to use and organise them in a logical way. Then spend the rest of the time on writing them up into an essay. You can write good sentences during the planning stage if you think of them as you plan and then include them into the essay later if they fit in well or change them a little. But you don't want to spend too much time thinking about wording while planning, it's mostly about brainstorming ideas first and thinking about how they fit in together.
Thank you so much - I'll try to use this advice as much as possible.
Dominininc
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Planning for 15 minutes wont give you enough time to get a good essay, you dont need to plan for that long.
There's a university of Cambs video on youtube that talks through the essay. It really helped me.
SmorL
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by chrissi04)
Thank you so much - I'll try to use this advice as much as possible.
Good luck, try to practice a few questions before tomorrow and see what works best for you.
chrissi04
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dominininc)
Planning for 15 minutes wont give you enough time to get a good essay, you dont need to plan for that long.
There's a university of Cambs video on youtube that talks through the essay. It really helped me.
Okay, I'll check out this video, thank you
username5837228
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Dominininc)
can you send the link of the video please
Dominininc
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ENQwTVlhsI

My bad its by oxford
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (124)
86.71%
No (19)
13.29%

Watched Threads