I don't think I'm cut out for Uni

Watch
daymeetsnight
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi,
So I've just started Uni, I'm doing a biology degree and I can't do this. I have autism, adhd and bipolar. My Uni wont give me any support and I can't do this. It's been one week and I already feel like I'm falling apart. I can't take notes, I can't study in my room, I can't focus. I feel like I'm going to cry every time I think about work. I want to curl up in a ball and never see the light again. I'd been doing so well and now I'm back in this hole. I don't know what to do. I have no one to talk to. I can't do this and I think I'm going to fail. I know there's not really any advice anyone can give me but thanks for listening x
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Have you tried approaching your university’s Student Support office/team?
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by daymeetsnight)
Hi,
So I've just started Uni, I'm doing a biology degree and I can't do this. I have autism, adhd and bipolar. My Uni wont give me any support and I can't do this. It's been one week and I already feel like I'm falling apart. I can't take notes, I can't study in my room, I can't focus. I feel like I'm going to cry every time I think about work. I want to curl up in a ball and never see the light again. I'd been doing so well and now I'm back in this hole. I don't know what to do. I have no one to talk to. I can't do this and I think I'm going to fail. I know there's not really any advice anyone can give me but thanks for listening x
Did you apply for DSA? Please go to Student support ... the uni have to support additional needs.
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by daymeetsnight)
Hi,
What uni is this? I have autism and a few other conditions too, and have attended two unis. One said they were following my DSA and making reasonable adjustments but did absolutely nothing, one of the reasons why I dropped out. The second one actually is doing what they’re supposed to. It could be the uni just isn’t accommodating in which case try somewhere with more emphasis on pastoral support like Sussex or Portsmouth. It could also be that an email got sent to the wrong inbox for someone so they haven’t seen it yet, or they’re running behind and then they’ll be able to offer more support. I’m assuming you have a DSA, as it would be very silly to apply to uni with multiple conditions and not have the DSA sorted before you start.
moon4
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Please don’t give up. I have severe social anxiety and only attended one seminar online, did all the work online and got a 1st or upper 2-1 for first year. Anything is possible. The academic one on ones at my semester were a tremendous help in planning and I guess you can access the same or similar at your university. Don’t give up - you can get support!! Trust me. Please speak to your tutors or well-being team at your university. They will help you!!
Last edited by moon4; 2 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (265)
57.73%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (61)
13.29%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (48)
10.46%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (40)
8.71%
I haven't started researching yet (25)
5.45%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
4.36%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed