Do you feel proud about the uni you attend /attended?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
And why?
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm not into pride agendas, whether about uni or most other things.
leapyeargal
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah! Uni of Liverpool isn’t the best red brick but it’s certainly better than most. And it’s not about pride agendas londonmyst, it’s about working being proud of working hard to obtain the grades etc needed for entry somewhere.
zz2002
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by leapyeargal)
Yeah! Uni of Liverpool isn’t the best red brick but it’s certainly better than most. And it’s not about pride agendas londonmyst, it’s about working being proud of working hard to obtain the grades etc needed for entry somewhere.
what course do you do?
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
Im going to harvard and its the best univeristiy in ze world and then ima gona drop out an become Gill Bates
1secondsofvamps
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No- it's not a great uni and i didn't enjoy what i was studying.
Moonlight Rain
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I go to the uni of Nottingham. I don't know if I'm proud but it's a good uni
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I am proud to have gone to my undergrad uni, for a few reasons:

- it carries a lot of prestige, both within my ethnic community as well as the general population. I've little else going for me, so might as well take some comfort from that
- very few people from my secondary school get into Oxbridge :nopity:
- I was told I wouldn't get in, so I feel smug about proving my school's Oxbridge coordinator wrong :smug:

I had an, um, "interesting" time at Oxford, so I don't know how proud I am of the uni in and of itself. Plus I don't remember most of my time there, so it's a bit hard to be proud of a place you don't remember :erm: though I'm proud to have gone there :smartass:

I wouldn't say I'm proud of my current institution, as in many ways they treat people terribly. I'm proud to be a student of my PhD supervisor though

I'm very glad to have studied at my Masters institution, though I wouldn't say I'm proud of it per se. Feel kinda indifferent towards it :ninja:

:holmes:
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
I am proud to have gone to my undergrad uni, for a few reasons:

- it carries a lot of prestige, both within my ethnic community as well as the general population. I've little else going for me, so might as well take some comfort from that
- very few people from my secondary school get into Oxbridge :nopity:
- I was told I wouldn't get in, so I feel smug about proving my school's Oxbridge coordinator wrong :smug:

I had an, um, "interesting" time at Oxford, so I don't know how proud I am of the uni in and of itself. Plus I don't remember most of my time there, so it's a bit hard to be proud of a place you don't remember :erm: though I'm proud to have gone there :smartass:

I wouldn't say I'm proud of my current institution, as in many ways they treat people terribly. I'm proud to be a student of my PhD supervisor though

I'm very glad to have studied at my Masters institution, though I wouldn't say I'm proud of it per se. Feel kinda indifferent towards it :ninja:

:holmes:
oxbridge meh, imperial is better in the uk obvs im the best since i go to harvard
mnot
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Im proud of what I achieved at uni
leapyeargal
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by zz2002)
what course do you do?
English! Then hopefully off to city next year to study newspaper journalism.
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
I am proud of myself for having gone to Cambridge, since I think it was a good achievement. I am not "proud" of the university itself though.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I don't really care about any of it

Means to an end, that's it
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
I'm not into pride agendas, whether about uni or most other things.
Me neither, but not many of us think this way
Power to you but some people don't care about that stuff even if you think they should, and that's OK too
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Broadly, I'm a graduate of the best uni in the country for my field, which sounds great as long a you don't pull threads.
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I’m neither proud nor ashamed about my university.
Last edited by Mesopotamian.; 4 weeks ago
Sandtrooper
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I was pretty proud until they fired loads of their staff and had lots of redundancies and strikes. I'm actually more fond of my first university than my second (the first was an RG, the second was Oxbridge). I just felt more supported and enjoyed my time there a lot more.
concernedLMAO
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by StriderHort)
Broadly, I'm a graduate of the best uni in the country for my field, which sounds great as long a you don't pull threads.
If anyone says to me “I go to the best universe for my subject” I pretty much take it as “I go to a mediocre or bad university”. Sorry.
Little pecker
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
That’s pride

To answer OPs question - No
concernedLMAO
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I went to a good Russell group, not Oxbridge think Manchester tier. No I’m not. Even if I went to Oxford or Harvard I wouldn’t be.

If I was 18 I would be but by your early twenties you should have more impressive stuff to show off e.g. lots of money, a top job, bought a house etc
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (124)
87.32%
No (18)
12.68%

Watched Threads