any kent students know where to go for some emergency academic advice

Watch
oluhehee
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I'm a first so I haven't been on campus for long and I haven't met my academic mentor yet. I'm not sure if this is because I'm a Law school student or is the result of a scheduling error but right not I'm in desprate need of academic advice due to a scheduling conflict been one of my Law classes and an elective module I'm trying to pick up. I know that some Law classes have multiple times due a massive cohort but I've got no clue who I can see about helping me with this. I've found the uni website really unhelpful. Does anyone know who I can see for advice at the University of Kent?
GlenCacao
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Assuming that you're a first year straight Law student, you shouldn't be able pick any elective modules yet (as far as I know. I did first year Law last year and we didn't pick elective modules until the end of Stage 1) - all of your modules have already been picked for you. If there's a clash on your timetable, you can contact the module convenor (should be on Moodle) and they'll help or tell you who would be better suited to help. Also, check the timetable closely, there might be a clash with modules but if you look at the room location one might be in person and another might be pre-recorded, so you can watch it whenever. Last year, there was a clash in my timetable but that was because we would do a certain module for 3 weeks then switch to the next but had the same seminar leader etc.

You can also check in your Law gc to see if anyone is going through the same thing etc.
oluhehee
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by GlenCacao)
Assuming that you're a first year straight Law student, you shouldn't be able pick any elective modules yet (as far as I know. I did first year Law last year and we didn't pick elective modules until the end of Stage 1) - all of your modules have already been picked for you. If there's a clash on your timetable, you can contact the module convenor (should be on Moodle) and they'll help or tell you who would be better suited to help. Also, check the timetable closely, there might be a clash with modules but if you look at the room location one might be in person and another might be pre-recorded, so you can watch it whenever. Last year, there was a clash in my timetable but that was because we would do a certain module for 3 weeks then switch to the next but had the same seminar leader etc.

You can also check in your Law gc to see if anyone is going through the same thing etc.
sorry i meant an extra-curicular module however your advice is still really helpful!!
University of Kent Reps
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by oluhehee)
I'm a first so I haven't been on campus for long and I haven't met my academic mentor yet. I'm not sure if this is because I'm a Law school student or is the result of a scheduling error but right not I'm in desprate need of academic advice due to a scheduling conflict been one of my Law classes and an elective module I'm trying to pick up. I know that some Law classes have multiple times due a massive cohort but I've got no clue who I can see about helping me with this. I've found the uni website really unhelpful. Does anyone know who I can see for advice at the University of Kent?
Hello! On your kent vision page under “My course details” you should find your academic advisors email! I would send them an email if you could as they will be your best bet at sorting this issue out!
- Dale
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (10)
50%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (2)
10%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (3)
15%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (1)
5%
I haven't started researching yet (1)
5%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
15%

Watched Threads