The Student Room Group

Which of these a-levels shouldn’t I do?

So I’m stuck between five a levels and I really don’t know what to narrow it down to, here are my choices:
- English literature
- French
-Law
-Government & politics
- History

I’m thinking of doing law at uni but which of these a levels are the worst/ should I not choose?
the one you like the least?
Original post by heccyeah
the one you like the least?

The problem is I like them all 😅 and I’m extremely indecisive,
Reply 3
There really is no 'worst' A level choice, each has their own benefits. Choose the 3 subjects you enjoy the most and you'll be fine. But just keep in mind that some university choices require certain subjects (:
Original post by minnierocks
The problem is I like them all 😅 and I’m extremely indecisive,

If you like them all equally then it doesn't matter which one (or even better two) you get rid of
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 5
A-level law isn't going to be that useful for doing it at uni, they don't assume existing subject knowledge for it.
Do the ones your best at and can stomach revising for. Id recommend history and that will probably lend itself nicely to government and politics.
If you want to be a lawyer there is no need taking law.
Reply 7
If I was you I would pick English literature, French and History
You dont need any specific subjects for Law, and none carry any advantage.
As above, you do not need A level Law.

What you do need is high grades - so pick three subjects you will enjoy and where you feel confident of A grades.
French has the advantage of potentially facilitating Study Abroad to France or Canada, Politics is a sensible social science with links to Law, History and English are solid essay-based subjects. Only you can choose the ones you will enjoy the most.

Quick Reply

Latest