Struggling to find Graphic Design work

Watch
MissAmyJ
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello!

Has anyone studied Graphic Design and struggled or not managed to get a job?

I've been trying for the best part of two years to find employment, but just keep getting rejection after rejection. I've applied for Junior or Assistant positions, I've submitted my portfolio and spent hours on the perfect cover letter but still had no luck. It makes it worse because the companies I've applied to don't even give you any feedback as to why they didn't select you. It's just an automated email.

I don't have any actual work experience because no one will give me the chance. I swear employers expect you to leave University with 10+ years experience under your belt.

I'm due to begin a Master's Degree in Graphic Design, but I'm wondering whether to even bother. I was really looking forward to it and thought the more qualifications I can have on my CV the better, but I'm wondering if it's going to be a huge waste of time.

I've applied for another job that has nothing to do with Graphic Design that I'm really excited about and hope I get.

Do I just cut my losses and just accept a career in Graphic Design ain't gunna happen?

Thanks!
Minty001
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Try online platforms such as Fiverr
insidedesigner
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Post a link to your portfolio and i'll try to offer some advice. DM me if you like.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (296)
57.59%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (72)
14.01%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (57)
11.09%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (43)
8.37%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
5.06%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
3.89%

Watched Threads